View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 11:44 AM   #28
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The Freshwater Aquarium and the 3D background will require harmony in development between Jim and Prolific. Hopefully Prolific are throwing their development efforts at both as far as more advanced swimming behaviors and fish avoidance, etc. etc. while Jim only has to do the artwork--the fish, the rocks, the plants, etc.

If Jim is trying to tackle the programming too rather than just giving Prolific a written outline of how the thing should operate plus a package of artwork, then I can definitely understand why things would be at a standstill. I know it's hard to give your artwork over to Prolific and trust them to get all the programming with the same level of perfection as yours, but I think that's the only way this will work.

Jim expressed relief to me in June of 2001 when the programming was largely handed over to Prolific. In the span of 17 months, there isn't much to show for this collaboration.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote