Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Goldfish Aquarium Wishlist (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1330)

Reichart 09-20-2003 01:19 PM

Yup, after 1.0, we will add more fish.

IXNAY 09-20-2003 01:56 PM

Cool, thanks :)

IXNAY 09-22-2003 01:54 AM

I have to add that these Goldfish I posted (three posts back) move much quicker than the current goldfish do. I'm feeding some of my neighbour at the moment. They swim from side to side of the tank and when you trhow some food in the tank they totally get spin up and swim like hell. And when they do that sometimes bubbles comes out of their gills, don't know why this happens, maybe because they are to close to the watersurface?
Well I just want to say, when Prolific does them they shouldn't be so lazy like the other fish. They should be quicker then the Marineaquarium fish also. And Freida should be like them too I think. Any opinions? Please comment!!!

Reichart 09-25-2003 05:29 PM

Goldfish AI

Will get better and better over time.

We are planning to add some cool movement that would really move the fish up a notch. Including we are actually working on "feeding the fish." But we are trying to do this really well, not just "drive up to food, make food disappear”

We want the fish to:
a. Notice the food.
b. Attempt to get to the food faster then its competitors.
c. Come check out food bits that even landed on the floor.
d. Not bump into each other when going for food.
e. Actually suck the food into the mouth (requires us to move the mouths to the next level as well, which we are planning, for that sucking movement).
f. Flocking, so that when one fish sees food, the other fish start to take notice also.
g. Alpha male territorial patterns for food.

john5757 09-25-2003 06:18 PM

I would still like to see the bubble eye goldfish to be added

klyntun 09-25-2003 06:30 PM

Reichart,
The coming improvements sound great. It's a beautiful creation, and I'm sure it will just keep getting better. Two "real" additions I could do without: Goldfish poop (a natural addition to feeding/eating) and Goldfish uprooting the plants (a common goldfish problem). ;)

Reichart 09-25-2003 08:32 PM

Corn

Damn!

I have been working on several very complex formulas that I might as well scrap now: I was hoping to wrap FecalDischarge( colour, texture, toggle corn) in a C++ class so others could use it…but now, with that feedback…shame…

klyntun 09-25-2003 11:55 PM

Whew! Glad I posted when I did.
:D

IXNAY 09-26-2003 02:30 AM

That sounds really nice. The fish should move faster generally I think!?

Marian Nichols 09-26-2003 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by klyntun
Whew! Glad I posted when I did.
:D

Too much realism for you, huh?:)

klyntun 09-26-2003 06:42 PM

Yeah, 'fraid so. We gotta draw the line somewhere, before there are toggles to choose dead fish or various diseases ("Hm, let's see how Ich looks on those transparent tails..."). :D

anemone 10-03-2003 05:21 AM

Improvement of the goldfish

Hello,

Goldfish Aquarium is wonderful! The goldfish are great!
Especially movement of their eyes and mouth makes them looking like live animals.

But if the goldfish would sometimes stop for nibbling at the plants, ground and walls of the fish tank they would be perfect!

I think that would be even better than creating more and more
new gold fish. :D

However, thanks for this great product!

Xylem 10-03-2003 10:18 AM

Since GA is becoming more and more detailed, and wonderfully complex, I want to mention something I've noticed. The fish never move their gill plates. I find myself holding my breath hoping they will breathe :)
If there's going to be more complex mouth movement, I wonder if gills could be added, or would that overload the video card?

feldon34 10-08-2003 08:45 AM

We had a problem with the forum when I tried to create a separate topic for the Goldfish DVD. So those messages have been lost.

Xylem 10-08-2003 10:00 AM

?

sunny 10-16-2003 06:52 PM

reichart,
is there any possibilities to put an algae eater in the tank?

Reichart 10-16-2003 08:02 PM

It is on the list. We are thinking of snails, and a Plecostomus

sunny 10-16-2003 08:24 PM

thats sounds good to me.
Q1)is it under the creatures pack?
Q2)will it be coming first than the toys?

IXNAY 10-17-2003 01:19 AM

Snails would be great :)
But what is a Plecostomus? Does anyone has a picture?

sunny 10-17-2003 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by IXNAY
Snails would be great :)
But what is a Plecostomus? Does anyone has a picture?

Royal Plecostomus

Plecostomus Info