Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Boxed version (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5190)

Jim Sachs 01-17-2010 09:57 PM

Unfortunately, it does.

JohnWho 01-17-2010 10:02 PM

Sorry Jim -

I recommend viewing that page, but then purchasing from here:

http://www.serenescreen.com/product/...p?ref=prolific

:TU:

Jav400 01-18-2010 06:17 AM

Bah, the movie I put in our gallery is much better. ;) :)

feldon34 01-18-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnWho (Post 118053)
Incidentally, if anyone wants to see Nova's web page, it is here:

http://www.novadevelopment.com/softw...ware-utilities

If the link works, that is.

:)

The video they posted is particularly lackluster. It looks like a camera in front of a PC monitor recording it. The colors are dim and the image fuzzy.

Have they never heard of FRAPS?

cjmaddy 01-18-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jav400 (Post 118062)
Bah, the movie I put in our gallery is much better. ;) :)

Indeed it is!.......
Quote:

Nova quote.... Marine Aquarium delivers a mesmerizing, high-definition experience.
But Nova then proceed to show a low-definition, blurred, cropped, and horizontally stretched, movie!... :rolleyes:

Dale 01-18-2010 05:15 PM

I contacted Nova Development Support, re: the boxed version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by What I asked
When I press "S", it says it's version Beta10d. Is this really a Beta version?

(some questions removed here)

..... how will updates be made available?

I received the following reply:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan from Nova Development Support
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nova Development Technical Support.

You do not have a beta version. That is just what you see when you hit S.

There will not be any updates to download.

Thank you,

Alan
Email Support Representative

JohnWho 01-18-2010 05:38 PM

Not surprising that Nova doesn't know what they are selling.

Something clearly not right with what is going on with Nova Development.

Jim Sachs 01-18-2010 09:50 PM

There's nothing unusual about the company. They are widget salesmen. They don't really know what a widget is, but they need to move X number of widgets through their distribution channels per month. When Prolific suggested using my name on the back of the box to capitalize on 25 years of notariety in the field of computer graphics, their response was "Who is he, Rembrandt?"

The only reason we went with them was to get into Costco, but now it looks like that will not happen. I was at my local Costco today, and there were no longer any Nova products. In fact, the whole software section was just Windows7 and antivirus programs.

feldon34 01-18-2010 09:56 PM

They seem to think they know something about Widgets to ignore your box art, ignore your design suggestions, etc.

harris 01-19-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 118080)
The only reason we went with them was to get into Costco, but now it looks like that will not happen. I was at my local Costco today, and there were no longer any Nova products. In fact, the whole software section was just Windows7 and antivirus programs.

This is happening at my local Wal-mart Supercenter too. PC software is now down to Windows7, antivirus, two or three other programs, and maybe five or six PC games. But, if you play the X-box or playstation you have a gazillion choices!

Unfortunately, the trend in the big box stores these days is to send you to their website for most of your PC software. :(

Nicki 01-19-2010 01:12 PM

What about Best Buy?

harris 01-19-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicki (Post 118090)
What about Best Buy?

It's the same at the local Best Buy. They now have about 1/5th the PC software that they had a few years ago. The old PC software floorspace is now for LCD TVs, Digital Cameras, Cell Phones, etc. Since Circut City went out of business Best Buys prices are higher too - no competition equals higher prices.

Our local Wal-mart Supercenter used to have the boxed version of Marine Aquarium, but I haven't seen it displayed recently. :(

Jim Sachs 01-19-2010 04:58 PM

The Wal-Mart version was 1.0. Maybe a few 2.0s toward the end. The price they pay is so low that it's not really worth dealing with them.

jleslie 01-22-2010 12:35 PM

BTW from the Nova site - do the Logos really rotate?
News to me...

Ralph 01-22-2010 01:07 PM

Clock wise North of the equator and anti clockwise South I believe.

Jim Sachs 01-22-2010 02:26 PM

Put in as many logos as you want, set the display duration for each, and the program will rotate through them.

jleslie 01-23-2010 10:32 AM

Duh, brain-fade on my part, I was thinking of the clock face rotating, boy do I feel stupid now...

Jim Sachs 01-23-2010 01:16 PM

Ha, ha - it happens to all of us.