Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Which Toy Should Come First (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2012)

ESHIREY 10-14-2003 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by feldon27
I could upgrade to vB3 right now, (it's 3.0b7) and spend 10-15 hours customizing it to look how I want. And then when 3.0b8 comes out, I have to start over customizing it again. It won't be until 3.0RC1 that changes I make will remain in effect to future versions.

no no no . I like what you have done now .

Reichart 10-14-2003 11:11 PM

1. Q: On the subject of the treasure chest, I was also under the impression that it was reserved for Jim's Freshwater Aquarium.
A: there is nothing stopping us from doing a Treasure Chest. But we won’t, unless we could offer or do something different than the one for the Freshwater, which right now I can’t think of.

But I offered it because it may have turned out that people REALLY REALLY want a treasure chest.

But, at 15 votes so far, Castle seems to be the winner. And the odds are…we will go with a castle first. If that many people here on the forum want something, we are going to try to do it.

As to wood. The original BG for GA was a piece of wood. We might revisit this.

We are working on a toy, a new fish, and a new background….and since you are going to ask…it will be free.

Panthera 10-14-2003 11:30 PM

I would like to save the treasure chest for Jim's Freshwater Aquarium. As far as toys, I think anything really would look nice, the castle seems to be the most popular and I'd like to see that in the GA, however I don't care for the ceramic look.. I like the 'resin' look. I think that's the texture I'm going for.. the unsmooth/crackly look or even something that looks a bit old.

Ralph 10-15-2003 07:35 AM

I think there is probably more than one type of treasure chest.... Both the GA and Jim's could have several. It's not likely that they would be identical.

Marsh Marigold 10-15-2003 08:36 AM

Sure, they would be different in shape and content. The shiny stuff, like rubies, emeralds, gold coin, etc. could glint

>ting!< (like Liath's smile)

every now and then. Dripping strings of pearls could sway in a current created by a passing fish! Maybe additional bubbles are not necessary, I like the curtain effect in the present version.

xrayspex 10-15-2003 02:53 PM

I voted for Skeleton at the helm of a ship. Much more interesting then a castle(imo) and i like gothic things. :)

Panthera 10-15-2003 07:49 PM

Sure, there are different types of treasure chests.. but (my preference is) I'd like to see something different - since the chest will be in the Freshwater Aquarium.

klyntun 10-15-2003 07:59 PM

One more vote for a castle, definitely a resin or stone look, not ceramic, even better if fish can swim through it. And perhaps, Cliff, we will be able to choose to place it OVER that green triangle. ;) ;)

IXNAY 10-16-2003 01:32 AM

what about making a normal treasurechest for the freshwatertank and another WITH DIVER for the goldfishaquarium!?

Tiny Turtle 10-16-2003 02:33 AM

How about a struggling diver with one foot stuck in a giant clam?

or then again, a tank w/o toys would be my fav option...

/Tiny Drowning

Panthera 10-16-2003 02:38 AM

Hey! How about having the option to add or remove toys like the plants?? :)

sunny 10-16-2003 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Panthera
Hey! How about having the option to add or remove toys like the plants?? :)
THAT'S A GOOD IDEA! :TU:
I CAN'T AFFORD TO LOOSE THE BLOCK OF WOOD MYSELF.:)

sunny 10-16-2003 03:15 AM

in fact , i do hope the programmers should put all the toys listed in the poll to the program. we just have to tick a checkbox on the toy we prefered or even randomize the toys. i suggest that the max. toys is 2 and we can turned the block of wood off.

klyntun 10-16-2003 07:14 AM

Hmmm, I just took it for granted that the toy(s), rock, etc. would be choosable, not permanent. I hope this is the plan, just for variety's sake. And what's this about a block of wood?

Marian Nichols 10-16-2003 02:41 PM

Re: Which Toy Should Come First

Quote:

Originally posted by Reichart
It is assumed that any toy we do use, will move, and have bubbles coming out of it.
Is that a picture of you?

Reichart 10-16-2003 02:44 PM

Yes. That was taken a few weeks ago while I was hiking the Verdugo Mountains.

Ussually people who use cartoons of themselves only "resemble" now you can see I look more like a cartoon in real like.

Marian Nichols 10-16-2003 03:00 PM

Quote:

Yes. That was taken a few weeks ago while I was hiking the Verdugo Mountains.

Ussually people who use cartoons of themselves only "resemble" now you can see I look more like a cartoon in real like.

I think you are very nice looking, glad to see your real face. Have you been on TV or something, because you look very familar to me.

By the way I voted for the skull, have one in my tank. If a castle is used I think it should be large enough, as the 'rock' is, with tunnels and windows the fish can swim through. I also have 'clay broken flower pots' in mine with bubbles coming through the open tops. very pretty I think.

sunny 10-16-2003 06:44 PM

Quote:

As to wood. The original BG for GA was a piece of wood. We might revisit this.
klyntun,
the current BG of GA is a block of wood :)
maybe i'm missing something here?

IXNAY 10-17-2003 01:15 AM

uhm no, thats a rock I think

Reichart 10-17-2003 02:32 PM

Castles

so, which type?

French (pointy tops), German (Flat tops), Japanese (ornate), Fantasy (all mixed together)