Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Wishlist for Marine Aquarium 3 and Future (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8)

drfish 10-12-2005 01:00 PM

WINE supports a lot of Direct3D code now, and since the Aquarium is not really state of the art tech wise I don't doubt it would work just fine, current hardware is plenty fast to make up for any hit to the framerate because of the translation...

...but IANALG...

Tiny Turtle 10-12-2005 04:18 PM

YBYSAYA :)

drfish 10-12-2005 04:23 PM

IANALG -> I am not a Linux geek, it's a play on "I am not a lawyer."

And don't you mean, YBYSAIA? :confused:

Tiny Turtle 10-12-2005 05:33 PM

Well, since I'm not a Linux geek it would be kind of wrong to end with "IA", right?
I was aiming for "You Bet Your Sweet Ass You Are" as a play on "YBYSAIA". Guess you aren't an acronym geek either, neh? ;)

/Are You A Tiny Turtle?

drfish 10-12-2005 05:42 PM

I just never knew about the turtle connection before, it threw me for a loop so I had to post it... Are you messing with my mind on purpose? ;)

Edit: For the record I'm no more of an acronym geek than acronymfinder.com makes me, and since they had nothing on YBYSAYA I consulted Google only to have it suggested that I might be looking for YBYSWIA instead and since that was tied to turtles I thought you were just being extra clever... :TU:

Jav400 10-12-2005 06:05 PM

lol, YYURYYUBICURYY4ME

johnblommers 10-12-2005 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jav400
lol, YYURYYUBICURYY4ME

OMG the MB has deteriorated into acronym soup! I guess it's true, BWBB :D

Tiny Turtle 10-12-2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drfish
. . . I thought you were just being extra clever...

I'm always extra clever...

/Tiny Oy With the Poodles Already

Jim Sachs 10-12-2005 10:19 PM

Maybe you guys could move this topic to a thread with an easily-recognized title (so that I can avoid it like the Plague).

Tiny Turtle 10-13-2005 07:16 AM

Nice hint, Jim. Very subtle. Will shut up now...

memilm 10-13-2005 11:39 PM

you can see on http://www.transgaming.com/ that those version of cedega(winex) can run the most of the windows directx games and I don't understand why will this will not properly work with the MA2.

snook 10-15-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

"Sea horses would be fantastic"

Ditto
Ditto! :)

Also, it would be neat if some of the fish could kick some aquarium gravel around once in a while (like my Convict and Oscar like to do).

Any target date on when MA2 MD will support the clock/calendar crystal rock?

Liamtg 10-16-2005 01:41 AM

yeah for a seahorse

Hey Jim,

Love this screen saver! Eye movement is great. Gills and mouth movement would be excellent additions. Would really like to see a seahorse. Don't imagine it would be difficult.
Excellent work, Congrats!

Johanume 10-27-2005 06:05 AM

New member stoked about the Aquarium

Hi there everyone! What do I need to know as a new member? Please update me. What I do know is that I'm supposed to get back to work right away. Which reminds me of an old acronym from my dad's old "tie pin": YCDBSOYA

idleup 10-27-2005 03:49 PM

Are there third party plugins of additional fish that would work in SereneScreen Aquarium software? What about fish from sharks of the deep or goldfish?

- Matt

GreenHsiF 11-10-2005 03:10 AM

So when are these two new fish going to be available and is there a cost?

Tiny Turtle 11-10-2005 07:04 AM

Snook,
Sea horses might be a part of a future creature pack. This will only happen after the 3D background has been created as some of these creatures will require a 3D background to be able interact with it. (i.e. the cleaner shrimp could climb on the coral or a moray eel could hide in a cave). Puching around the gravel will have to wait for some 3D gravel as well so that's post 3D background too.

LiamTQ,
Gills and mouth movement has gotten a thumbs-up from Mr. Sachs (a long time ago). Won't (very likely) happen before the above mentioned 3D background though.

Johan of Umeå,
That Jim will deliver the good stuff, but he doesn't give out release dates. plowing through the entire wishlist thread might seem like a huge task, but I believe it might provide you with some great insight. Am I a turtle? YBYSAIA!

Matt,
Nope. And the fish sharks and goldfish only swim in their respective tanks.

Green,
Not entirely specified. "Before Christmas" probably means sometime in December, but it might very well be earlier (and unfortunately late as well). AFAIK there will be no extra cost.

/Tiny Tidbits

Jim Sachs 11-10-2005 10:18 AM

Tiny covered it all pretty well. The only thing I might add is that the Lionfish (including the new Clearfin Lionfish) do have mouth and gill movement. Release should be extremely soon. I am going to Prolific today to talk about it.

Tiny Turtle 11-10-2005 11:44 AM

Whohoo! It's good to be wrong!

GreenHsiF 11-16-2005 03:06 AM

-Jim,what made you make two more fish for the aquarium before the 3-D background is done?

-Will there be anymore fish available before the 3-D background is done?

-What made you pick the Achilles Tang and the Clearfin Lionfish?