Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   *** SS Marine Aquarium 2.0 Release! *** (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371)

feldon34 03-22-2003 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Quick Death
Jim --

What about the CalZBufferOn having it's value set to NULL?

Using a hardware ZBuffer was, for a brief period (3 days), optional. Then Jim saw how turning it off it made the fish look. :eek:

Z-Buffers control the sequence in which things are drawn. Most 3D programs do not waste the energy to determine the "draw order" and simply send a list of all the 3D geometry to be drawn to the 3D card.

For instance, if you are displaying a 3D model of a car, you might send the car body, then the suspension, then the wheels, then the seats to the video card.

This would look rather comical if you did not have a Z-Buffer telling it which parts of the car need to be drawn in which order!!! You'd have all 4 wheels visible from one side of the car, then the suspension pasted on top of that, and the seats floating in mid-air.

Unfortunately, a Z-Buffer requires a couple of MB of memory.

Essentially, Marine Aquarium 2 has outgrown 4MB video cards and having crummy fin-clipping issues was deemed "not worth it", especially since a replacement video card can be had for $30.

Yellow Tang 03-24-2003 04:06 AM

Manymosi,

try pressing STRG + ALT + F (hidden feature)

There was another key-combination, which released the octopus, but i can't remember exactly what it was...

Manymosi 03-24-2003 05:12 AM

What do you mean - strg?

Tiny Turtle 03-24-2003 06:09 AM

English – German
Control – Steuerung
[Ctrl] – [Strg]

/Babel Turtle

CephaloP 03-24-2003 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yellow Tang

There was another key-combination, which released the octopus, but i can't remember exactly what it was...

DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THAT! :eek: :)

patscarr 03-24-2003 02:01 PM

Hahahaha!

Jav400 03-24-2003 02:13 PM

LOL, I can see keyboards getting broke all over the place on that one. At least YT didn't give some spurious key combination, that would have really sent people into orbit. :)

jeffelms 03-26-2003 05:13 AM

Still haven't gotten the e-mail about where to get 2.0 and the key code. Are they still sending them out?

Jav400 03-26-2003 05:19 AM

Prolific is sending out several thousand a day. Once those get processed, if you still haven't received your email, check the serenescreen.com site. Plans are for a fill in the blank do it yourself update process located there.

Reichart 03-27-2003 05:28 PM

All done.

If you have not gotten at this point, please send email to service@serenescreen.com

Thanks.

shellman 03-27-2003 08:05 PM

Quote:

If you are a registered forum member, you have already received an e-mail with your new MA2.0 keycode and instructions on where to download it.
:confused:
Bold statement , but not true...I am a registered forum member, and have not yet received an email. :( Although I have to admit that I just signed back up with the forum a couple of days ago.

I had originally registerd here back when I first purchased the software, but hadn't signed on in ages. When I tried, I didnt have an account, so I re-registered. Oh well, I will wait for the email your key feature to be up and working...

Already sent an email to support@serenescreen.com, so it should fix itself in a day or so.
;)

feldon34 03-27-2003 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shellman
:confused:
Bold statement , but not true...I am a registered forum member, and have not yet received an email. :( Although I have to admit that I just signed back up with the forum a couple of days ago.

The list of forum members went to Prolific on March 17th. You registered on the 22nd.

Quote:

I had originally registerd here back when I first purchased the software, but hadn't signed on in ages. When I tried, I didnt have an account, so I re-registered.
That's unfortunate. :( Only 2 possibilities:

#1 You registered on the old EZBoard forum and your account was never transferred.
#2 You have not visited this forum in 1 year and have no postings attributed to your name.

Jav400 03-27-2003 10:52 PM

addendum,

#3 you did not supply a valid email address and complete your registration

Reichart 03-27-2003 11:08 PM

# 4. It is a conspiracy, your peers contacted us. Don’t eat the yogurt in your fridge either. And don’t ask.

feldon34 03-27-2003 11:47 PM

Anyone notice the Dannon yogurt has gone from 50 cents for an 8oz cup to 85 cents for a 6oz cup in the past 3 years?

I'm going to investigate home-brewing options. :)

shellman 03-28-2003 12:40 AM

You just think its Yogurt, Reichart..... It was milk just a couple of months ago, I wonder what happened.

Dont buy the Dannon, the Fridge brand tastes JUST AS GOOD... TRUST ME!!!

#5. I came and read through all the forums and then got so excited ( or so brain dead) that I just thought that I registered. (especially Since I dont have a reg confirmation in my email archives, this is most likely) --- See what happens when you eat too much home made yogurt.

shellman 03-28-2003 12:54 AM

Heh, My first memory of yogurt is my older brother stealing a BIG drink of my mom's "Vanilla Milk Shake", and promptly re-decorating the interior of the cafe....I still get a tickle... Thanks

jeffelms 03-28-2003 07:32 AM

Re: All done.

Quote:

Originally posted by Reichart
If you have not gotten at this point, please send email to service@serenescreen.com

Thanks.

I sent an e-mail a few days ago and never got a response. I know they are probably pretty busy replying to e-mails though.
I just sent another e-mail and attached the original e-mail that I got when I purchased MA, and both e-mails that I got when I got the 1.1 upgrade. Hope that helps.

feldon34 03-28-2003 09:46 PM

Re: Yogurt (wow, majorly off-topic :))

Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker

mmmm!

$20 plus a quart-sized Mason Jar (since the container it comes with is useless).

I didn't realize it could be done in 6-10 hours. I thought you had to incubate for days...

shellman 03-29-2003 09:38 AM

Wow, those must be ACTIVE cultures...might make a good ss.