Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does This Look Familiar? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1690)

Cyndrax 06-18-2003 02:13 AM

Does This Look Familiar?

I was browsing today looking for some new themes for my Pocket PC and the following came up. Does this look familiar to anyone (dialup users beware, the link is ~140K).

http://www.brainsinaknot.com/holding/aquarium.jpg

My goal is not to advertise this, merely to bring it to the attention of people here. If this is unwise, would a moderator please PM me or edit this post.

Brian

Tiny Turtle 06-18-2003 03:39 AM

Wow. – And out comes the lawyer cavalry (I hope)

/Tiny Theft

James 06-18-2003 05:13 AM

this is definetly a snatch...:(
so what do u think after u download this?
it state it has 10 themes, does MA is one of the theme?
I guess all 10 themes are rip-oof from somewhere else....
it also state it can rotate? it sounds like the scene can be rotated?
even Jim's proposed 3D can only pan but not rotate..
I don't beleive a small prog like that can do extreamly well 3D scene rotation

Cyndrax 06-18-2003 08:36 AM

I didn't actually download it, however the ad was animated, and several of the fish were moving.

Jim Sachs 06-18-2003 08:51 AM

Yes, we've seen this and a couple of others. These guys also rip off some major companies, so we usually just turn them in and let the guys with big legal teams go after them.

Prolific has someone working on a legitimate PocketPC version.

Cyndrax 06-18-2003 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jim Sachs Prolific has someone working on a legitimate PocketPC version.
Man, I should just direct deposit a portion of my paycheck into Prolific's bank account with all the things I need to buy from them...

Wizwad 06-18-2003 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cyndrax
Man, I should just direct deposit a portion of my paycheck into Prolific's bank account with all the things I need to buy from them...
Hee! Yeah, me too! And if Prolific succeeds in bringing out a PocketPC version (great news!) I might just have to go and buy a Pocket PC as well to put it on!

/Tiny Sucker (with apologies :))

abeery 06-28-2003 09:19 AM

I can tell you that the Prolific Pocket PC product will come as close to the PC version in quality as the platform can support. If you have not done so I encourage everyone to visit Jim Sachs website where he discusses the passion to realism in the Serene product line. The Serene PPC version will ultimately meet this standard (not quite there yet but getting closer) or it will not be released. Hopefully Jim has seen (or will see shortly) the preliminary version and will be able to attest that although not yet ready for prime time -- it is not the cheesy ripoff pictured above.

Jim Sachs 06-28-2003 11:21 AM

Nope - haven't seen it yet. The last I heard, Reichart was still trying to get an NDA off to you.

drfish 09-21-2004 03:12 AM

How did I miss this thread? I didn't even know it was here when I posted my "Another Rip Off" thread, I guess the name disguised my ignorance... Anyway, sweet! I can't wait to see it! Is it going to be a today screen like the rip offs out there, or will it take up the whole screen when you run it? I ask because I know how Jim feels about cluttering things on top of it... Last question, additional cost or covered by buying before 1.0?

Tiny Turtle 09-21-2004 04:01 AM

Probably a separate product, Doc.

abeery 10-16-2004 07:37 PM

MAPPC

It is a full screen application (hides window decorations) and displays a clock with optional date. Designed to function as "Cradleware" art. Tapping the Clock opens up the schedule application and exposes the start menu so you can quickly get to other applications. Once you close them the marine aquarium is still there. Should be seeing it shortly

drfish 10-16-2004 08:26 PM

Sweet! Price???