Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trouble with non-Widescreen (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2847)

RJOL 01-21-2005 01:43 AM

Just tried to load 2.01 and had some problems. Couldn't get the screen saver to come up. The screen would go black with some noise at the bottom and then abort to the desktop. After fooling with this for awhile, finally got it to work by selecting "wide screen" in the setup menu. This works, with black bars at top and bottom. I don't have a wide screen monitor. It will not work if I deselect "wide screen." Any ideas???

RJOL 01-23-2005 10:39 PM

Problem with 2.01

I have version 2 and just tried to load 2.01 and have some problems. I Couldn't get the screen saver to work or come up. The screen would go black with some noise at the bottom and then abort to the desktop. After fooling with this for awhile, finally got it to work by selecting "wide screen" in the setup menu. This works, with black bars at top and bottom. I don't have a wide screen monitor. It will not work if I deselect "wide screen." Any ideas??? I tried removing both 2.0 and 2.01 using wht windows remove program. Loaded 2.01 by itself with the same results. If I deselect "wide screen" it doesn't work. Any ideas???

Edgar 01-24-2005 12:43 PM

What is your system info?
Operating system, DirectX, Video card, and the resolution you are trying to run it at and how many monitors you have.
Also if you can run the DXDiag and send me the log result after you tested the Display drivers.
A screenshot of the Settings panel would help also in case the anamorphic factor got changed to a bad value. For a normal display, it should be 1.0.
Try running it in Window mode and tell me if that works.

RJOL 01-24-2005 09:47 PM

I loaded the latest drivers for my video card (intel 82845G) and that didn't fix the problem. I opened the screensave in the windows mode and all I got was a small screen in the corner of my monitor, that couldn't be enlarged. I turned off windows mode and played with the wide screen settings, and all of a sudden it now works in both wide screen and full screen. I'm not sure what was going on, but I'm not going to touch anymore settings and hope it operates normally from now on... Just for you info, I'm running on a pretty much stock Compaq Presario 6000 with 512K RAM and a Pentium IV processor. The video card is as stated above. One more thing. When I started the screen saver to do the above things, it asked for my original CD again. I've put that in serveral times during the upgrade to 2.01 so don't know why it asked for it again...

feldon34 01-24-2005 11:43 PM

Glad you got it working as well as you did.

Next time, please go Dell. :)