Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Forum Changes (New opening forum screen) (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1243)

Ralph 02-06-2003 06:45 PM

New opening forum screen

I like the new look when you enter the forum. Greeted with a personal welcome is a nice touch.....:TU:
Ralph

Jav400 02-06-2003 06:50 PM

Glad you like the changes. :) Morgan and I will be trying to update and improve the look and functionality of the forum. At times we may need to close the forum for a few minutes here and there, but it won't last long. Over the next few days you might see some more changes. Post all comments here.

teac 02-06-2003 07:01 PM

Jav, have you made some changes about the "log-in time"? The other day I had to log in again and again while writeing/post. How many minutes do I "stay inside" after logging in?

MegaHertz 02-06-2003 07:06 PM

Not sure I like the number of users online under the New PM's, but other than that it looks great.

feldon34 02-06-2003 07:11 PM

Quote:

Jav, have you made some changes about the "log-in time"? The other day I had to log in again and again while writeing/post. How many minutes do I "stay inside" after logging in?
Today the forum has been up and down as I've been making changes. If you were getting "timed out" a few days ago, do you have any cookie blocking software running?

teac 02-06-2003 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by feldon23
Today the forum has been up and down as I've been making changes. If you were getting "timed out" a few days ago, do you have any cookie blocking software running?
No, no cookie blocking. Its better today, no time-out so far. But is there a limit before we have to log in again? Asking because I have serveral browser windows open, and surfing the net at the same time.

feldon34 02-06-2003 08:45 PM

I have never had to log on unless I delete the cookie. I've gone MONTHS without having to re-logon.

Somehow your account got set not to remember passwords. I switched it.

teac 02-06-2003 09:01 PM

ok, thank you, butler. :)

ESHIREY 02-06-2003 09:05 PM

Yes I Love the new welcome . Makes me feel importent .

feldon34 02-06-2003 09:32 PM

Nobody noticed that I hot-wired the clock and got it correct? :D

I had to make about 100 changes spread over 30 files but I got it working. :)

It's the little things, right Jim?

Jim Sachs 02-06-2003 09:54 PM

Yep

Jav400 02-06-2003 10:16 PM

How come no one has commented about the new PM statistics yet? Keep looking, there will be more to come. :) And if you have any suggestions, PM them to me or post them. We will be happy to consider all of them. Seriously, what we want to do is add functionality and convienence for all our users, with a touch of flair thrown in for good measure. I will be spending alot of time in the next few days going through tons of available add ins and considering them for inclusion. If you know of something worthwhile, I might be able to find it.

fishbowl 02-06-2003 10:40 PM

Jav,
the PM statistics is great(very conveniently located). Love the Welcome & personal/forum info! Also , nice to see your personal avatar right next to it. :)

Morgan,
love the last time visited stats(nice touch)! :)

You guys keep up the good work & keep them updates coming! :)

James 02-07-2003 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by feldon23
Nobody noticed that I hot-wired the clock and got it correct? :D

Glad to see the time showing correctly, but just one thing, as New Zeland(Oz too) now is on day light saving time, so the time show on forum is actually an hour shorter than my clock under system tray :)

Quote:

I had to make about 100 changes spread over 30 files but I got it working.
I appreciate ur work man, with respect!:TU:

Jav400 02-07-2003 04:37 AM

Hrmmm, actually I think I did see something about Daylight Savings time somewhere. I'll look again and find out what that one entails. Good point James.

SunKing 02-07-2003 07:11 AM

LOVE the forum changes.

HATE daylight savings time. Why do we still do this?

drfish 02-07-2003 08:00 AM

Because it still saves an estimated 1% of all electricity use.

Tiny Turtle 02-07-2003 08:45 AM

Daylight savings time in Tejas, Bah! ;)

You're welcome up here in Stockholm which's situated ~60° N (roughly the same as Fairbanks Alaska, Hudson Bay Canada or the southern tip of Greenland). Go figure if we like another hour of semi-day instead of pitch black night :D

/Tiny Tan

feldon34 02-07-2003 09:00 AM

Quote:

James said:
Glad to see the time showing correctly, but just one thing, as New Zeland(Oz too) now is on day light saving time, so the time show on forum is actually an hour shorter than my clock under system tray
Very strange. Although NZ savings time ends a few days earlier than US savings time, it should still be working. I am GMT -6 and the time is accurate for me. I looked at your time zone and it's correctly set to +12.

Anyone else seeing problems with the time?

Maybe when I was in there fiddling I broke something that would affect other time zones.

Tiny Turtle 02-07-2003 09:09 AM

Big thanks to you, Morgan for fiddling with these matters – It's just so much neater with a forum where stuff works – Figuring out when something was posted on other forums can be quite tricky when the time listed always is a bunch of hours off...

/Tiny Time Difference