Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Piracy (was I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP!) (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99)

erikthecat 09-03-2001 04:35 PM

Piracy (was I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP!)

I PAID FOR MY REGISTRATION. SO WHY SHOULD OTHERS GET IT FOR FREE.
IT WAS GENUINE QUESTION / OFFER OF INFORMATION TO CRACK DOWN ON THESE SAD PEOPLE, I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS HOSTILE REPLY.
KIND REGARDS,
GaRy:o )
ps will you delete this post too
pps you must have had a bad day at the office i guess
ppps american and english humour will never be the same
---------------

>From: "GaRy:o )"
>To:
>Subject: missing post!
:D ate: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 19:34:44 +0100
>
>where did my post go?
>
>the one about blocking registation codes found on the internet.
>i found some wilst looking for something else
>if Mr Sachs would like them so he can block them from future release, just
>call.
>
>would have liked some kind of reply (or something)
>
>regards,
>
>GaRy:o (

feldon34 09-03-2001 04:51 PM

Re: I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP!

Anyone who wants to pirate software doesn't have to try very hard to find a serial number or some means of bypassing the protection.

I'm not sure why you feel you have unique knowledge or experience with the serial numbers used to steal the Aquarium. A bit of arrogance? There are two serial number generators out there, been floating around since September of last year.

Version 1.0 of the Aquarium will use a brand new serial number (every legitimate user will get assigned a new key). I don't doubt that stolen passwords will appear on the net within 2 weeks of 1.0's release.

There's no way to keep the pirates from stealing your software. Period. Let's not give them the benefit by talking about how easy it is to pirate the software here on this Forum.

Thanks,

erikthecat 09-03-2001 05:00 PM

thats better, now i understand.
bet i dont get my v1.0 key now i've spilled the beans :o (
i must admit that the f*** o** reply was not upto your usual helpfull standard.
i guess these hackers must p!$$ you off real bad!!!
subject closed?
Gary:o /

hayc59 09-03-2001 05:27 PM

hey kitty, kitty

who the heck are you man!! your bringing me down..man
this is the most wonerful saver in Gods earth..
why bash it with ridiculous junk(duh.. how about a sign that says reno or bust) on the bottom??
and as far as hackers..thier nothing but punks, they would rather rip something off than pay for it! soner or later guys like me bust them!!(LOL)

Jim Sachs 09-03-2001 11:49 PM

Anyone who paid for their registration and is in our database, will continue to be able to download all the updates beyond 1.0. Anyone not in the database will not. The current Key Code system is just a simple tool for unlocking the full Aquarium until the real system is in place. It took me less than 15 minutes to code, and any nitwit should be able to hack it. The test for being able to upgrade will always be whether the user is in the datbase.

almark 09-05-2001 03:51 AM

Previous versions

In my experience when a new someone comes on to a board looking for past versions of a program, the usual reason is that they have a crack for it, that doesn't work on later versions.

As a registered user I hope that once V1 comes out that all copies of previous ones will be wiped from the servers.