Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Are you still testing Marine Aquarium 3? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5445)

feldon34 06-15-2010 10:08 AM

Are you still testing Marine Aquarium 3?

Just curious...

Jim Sachs 06-15-2010 10:16 AM

Edgar is going on vacation tomorrow, so I've got to get MA3.1 to him in the next couple of hours.

Nicki 06-15-2010 11:07 AM

Yes with an explanation. The interface testing doesn't seem to be my strong point. I don't know enough about the inner workings of windows to spot a bug over the way things are supposed to work. But I can still fiddle with all the settings and try to find things like the stats diplay not being updated etc.

cjmaddy 06-15-2010 11:13 AM

I've voted for No.1. - As can be seen from my posts, I still download and test, but I'm keeping a lower profile.

Nothing with Beta 11p worth reporting, other than suggesting that it's probably now ready for sending out as 3.1.

harris 06-15-2010 11:45 AM

I also voted for number 1.

I do download and test all the betas. Although lately I am also keeping a low profile. I just don't have the energy to keep up with the more energetic individual(s), and just follow along. But, if I do find a bug or abnormality not being discussed I will speak up. :)

Honk, Honk

Ralph 06-15-2010 12:56 PM

I voted #1.. I download and test what seems to be new.. Although that is difficult to determine at times

Wizwad 06-15-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmaddy (Post 122894)
I've voted for No.1. - As can be seen from my posts, I still download and test, but I'm keeping a lower profile.

Nothing with Beta 11p worth reporting, other than suggesting that it's probably now ready for sending out as 3.1.

Ditto, with the exception that it's good to distract everybody with a red herring every now and again.

:o :dunce:

JohnWho 06-15-2010 05:56 PM

Yep -

standing by to test v3.1.

Socrates 06-17-2010 12:27 PM

I'm baffled by all the lettered beta threads in the forum. It's turned to chaos lately and I haven't had time to keep track of the changes I'm supposed to be checking or where to get the latest download.

Dale 06-17-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates (Post 123049)
I'm baffled by all the lettered beta threads in the forum. It's turned to chaos lately and I haven't had time to keep track of the changes I'm supposed to be checking or where to get the latest download.

The latest thing will "always" be shown in the last posting of this thread:

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4385

And you can sign up to get email notification of new postings in that thread (i.e., notification of every new version), by clicking on "Thread Tools" at the top of any page (of that thread).

henemly 06-17-2010 01:35 PM

No, I've lost interest in testing the Aquarium. (as of today)

Andy Lavies 06-17-2010 03:29 PM

Might be a bit dull when 3.1 is published - I've got used to having a new Beta every few days. Still Jim deserves a rest after all the nagging he gets from the rest of us.
Andy

Jim Sachs 06-17-2010 09:49 PM

Rest - ha,ha, right. And as for the nagging - plenty of that here at home.

spetro 06-18-2010 04:52 AM

I voted "No, it's already being handled by other testers" . I'm not geekish enought to contribute. However I'm intrigued by the development discussion:TU:

jimkraz 06-18-2010 08:07 AM

Every day I drop by, sometimes more than once per day, I don't say much, but I do read all the new posts, I was once told by a old guy, don't speak, listen, and you will learn more, now that I am getting old, I thought it wise to pass that on, so, though I don't write comments every day, there are plenty of others doing that, I have learnt a lot, how to start arguments, how to insult others, how to chew Jim's ear about his work, but here we are at Ver. 3.1, I remember getting this screensaver years ago, given to me by my son on a floppy, a floppy disk that is, so impressed was I, I've been a fan ever since. I'll stop now as my post will soon be as long as Dale's. Jim

Wizwad 06-18-2010 08:40 AM

There you go. It was him ^ that pointed us to Dream Aquarium! And very grateful we are, JimKraz, those of us that followed that direction.

Now we just need Jim S and Alan to merge to form a Virtual Aquarium Consortium and things will really get moving! :D

Jim Sachs 06-18-2010 10:45 AM

I can't even conceive of working with other people on a project like this. The partnership wouldn't last 30 seconds.

"Welcome, partner! You go do the drudgery while I get started on the fun parts."
"Heck no - I quit!"

Dale 06-18-2010 11:55 AM

So, when do you get to start doing the fun parts? ;)

jimkraz 06-18-2010 02:10 PM

Wizwad, was that the last time I posted here, surely not, but here I am, twice in one day, yes "Both" of these virtual aquariums, screen-savers, call them what you will, cannot be beaten, with a big stick, as my mammy used to say. Jim

Jim Sachs 06-18-2010 03:34 PM

Aha! That's exactly how I thought Scottish folks talked when they thought no one was listening! :)