Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to chnage "Yellow Tang" Under name (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1411)

Leviathan 03-24-2003 04:11 PM

How to chnage "Yellow Tang" Under name

Is there a way to change the "Yellow Tang" under my member name in my profile? Just wondering how some people have different things. TIA

feldon34 03-24-2003 04:34 PM

Did you ask this before? I think I might've answered but it was a VERY busy thread so it got lost along the way. No prob...

You may change your user title if you have at least 10 posts here on the forum.

Click on My Settings at the top and go to Profile and scroll down to Custom User Text. Then under Options at the top, you can try out our new Blue Style Set. :)

Hopefully nobody abuses this. :TU:

Derrek 03-24-2003 05:16 PM

I asked before, but as you can see I haven't found anything to change it to yet.

Leviathan 03-24-2003 05:21 PM

I don't even see that option in the Profile screen. The "Yellow Tang" that I am reffering to is To the left of this post...right under my name...it says Yellow Tang, and in yours it says "Diplomat In Training"

How to I get to change that, cause I dont see the option you were talking about.

Derrek 03-24-2003 05:28 PM

goto the top and click on "My Setting" then click on "edit profile" there you can change it to your liking

feldon34 03-24-2003 06:00 PM

Scroll up to the huge forum banner at the top with all the buttons. My Settings is there.

Leviathan 03-24-2003 06:33 PM

Yes I know where the settings is, what I am suggesting is that there is no place to change the "Yellow Tang" name, NOT the Avitar. According to the "Members" link, this sugnifies status, like the more posts you have, it will change. Is this correct, or is there a way to change it. PLEASE BE SPECIFIC :)

THanks

Derrek 03-24-2003 06:53 PM

Once under My Settings you need to click on "Edit Profile" then towards the bottom you will see:
Custom User Text:
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
You may enter up to 25 characters.
Check the reset box if you wish to use the the default title for your usergroup and post count.
HTML is not allowed.

Leviathan 03-24-2003 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Derrek
Once under My Settings you need to click on "Edit Profile" then towards the bottom you will see:
Custom User Text:
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
You may enter up to 25 characters.
Check the reset box if you wish to use the the default title for your usergroup and post count.
HTML is not allowed.

I am not sure what is going on here, but everybody seems to be pointing me towards options that do not exist on my screen. I am logged in, and when I go up to my settings, there is nothing about Custom User Text. Also, when I go to the FAQs about changing statuts, nothing loads as the hyperlink does not point to anything. Feldon, is this for certain people only, or is there a way to change this.

feldon34 03-24-2003 07:35 PM

I'm terribly sorry about this, I'd forgotten that it is set so that one must have 10 posts before they can change their User Text (Most forums actually have this set to 25!). Please PM me and I will set your title manually. Apologies for all the trouble.

patscarr 05-20-2003 05:03 AM

10 seems like a low number. If it was a little higher, it would give new members something to shoot for, and everyone else time to get to know them.