Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fish Request (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4873)

rschuh 04-21-2009 11:48 AM

Fish Request

Here are a few that I think would look really amazing.

Pinnatus Bat
Clarion Angel
Dog Face Puffer
Jewel Tang

I have been working with salt water fish tanks and reef tanks since the early 70s and I LOVE this product. I don't have the time nor the finances right now to have a tank, but this product is so good that I find myself watching it for extended periods of time. The other thing that is so unique is that you can set up different fish configurations that would be impossible in a real tank. People who have reef tanks will get a chuckle from this. I had been reading about wet drys when they first came out, but the bio balls at the time were few and far between. I set up a 25 gal reef tank and used small plastic hair curlers. They had a lot of surface area and were dirt cheap. That was my first reef tank and I was living in S. Florida at the time, so I was able to collect the live rock myself and somehow a few of those pieces that had broken off in a storm had some Elkshorn and other not so legal pieces on them. It was purely luck of the draw. ;-) Keep up the great work.

Robert Schuh

Jav400 04-21-2009 12:00 PM

Robert,

Thanks for your fish suggestions. We have over 100 fish suggestions on our 'Fish Wishlist' website and I think all 4 of those are on it, but I can check to be sure. :)

Jim is hoping to include the pinnatus, its a favorite of mine and one I had in a tank for a number of years. Fortunately it is also one that Jim's daughter Jill was intrigued with and requested. The fin movement will probably be a bear to program, but it's hopeful that it will be given a try.

Jim Sachs 04-21-2009 12:48 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Robert - and thanks for the comments.

rschuh 04-21-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jav400 (Post 112799)
Robert,

Thanks for your fish suggestions. We have over 100 fish suggestions on our 'Fish Wishlist' website and I think all 4 of those are on it, but I can check to be sure. :)

Jim is hoping to include the pinnatus, its a favorite of mine and one I had in a tank for a number of years. Fortunately it is also one that Jim's daughter Jill was intrigued with and requested. The fin movement will probably be a bear to program, but it's hopeful that it will be given a try.

Both the Pinnatus and Tierra bats have long been 2 of my favorite fish. The Tierra is FAR easier to keep alive though. Back in the 80s I had a 300 gal fish only tank. A friend of mine owned a fish store, so I was able to get some AMAZING fish at wholesale. I had a Clarion, Jewel Tang, Consipiculus, Asfur, New Caladonian Tusk and bunch of other fish that today would cost as much as a car! :-) I also had a 150 with nothing but 3 Pinnatus bats. I used a reverse flow ungravel, a large skimmer, but did not have much current. I was able to keep them all alive for over 2 years. Not only are the gorgeous, but they have more personality than any other salt water fish I have kept.

Rob

henemly 04-21-2009 05:33 PM

Those are good choices. Have ya considered a halibut (Jim)?

Jav400 04-21-2009 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a shot of the one I had when I first got it. Lousy shot I know, but it was taken probably some 25+ years ago with a Canon 35mm camera and I had to scan it now.

This was taken when I first got it. I had it for almost 10 years, and when it died it's body was larger than the whole area of it's fins in this shot. The bad part was with it having gotten that large in a smaller tank it's fins were much shorter by then because of room.

But you are right in the personality aspect. It was always one of my favorites of all the ones I had. It and the zebra moray ( bottom of the special creatures page ) were both trained to come up and take food from my hand and I enjoyed them both allot.

I have said over and over recently that I want to set up another tank, probably somewhere around a 180 to 220, and at least have another zebra and try a pinnatus to see how well that would work. I keep putting it off because of other things that need doing. Oh well, maybe some day...........................

In the mean time, Jill liked the bat, I lucked out on that one, ;) and Jim said some time ago that he would try to make me a zebra for his tank for my years of service here. :) Hope it works. :) :) :)