Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is there ANY tech support for this program? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694)

eslone 03-10-2002 05:00 PM

Is there ANY tech support for this program?

OK, I'm frustrated and a bit miffed. I submitted a request for tech support a FULL WEEK AGO and have yet to get a response.

I have an XP system, P3 866MHz, ATI Radeon video board. The problem is simple. Whevever the screen saver kicks in, and I deactivate it, the colors on my monitor are so washed out I have trouble seeing what's there. The screen saver is doing something to my pallette. I need to reboot to recover any usability. I download the latest download as of today and the problem persists.

Can anyone fix this?

And is there ANY WAY to get reliable tech support from the guy that wrote this? It's a great program, but the support SUCKS.

Thanks,
Eric

Jim Sachs 03-10-2002 05:34 PM

In the email I sent you after I got your message yesterday, I said that the answer to your problem was to simply download the program again. The 3rd party installer had been changing the icon attributes, palette, and wallpaper on some systems. This was fixed about a week ago, and the version that has been on the site since then reflects the change.

Tiny Turtle 03-10-2002 06:00 PM

Hi, Mr Eslone/Eric. Just thought I'd add that now that you've found this forum, via this forum, you're likely to get better support than with most other programs. Take a look around the various threads here and you'll find that people's problems are solved quite fast. In fact, I'd say that you cannot find better means of support for a program sold in this amout of copies anywhere on the net (I might be wrong, but please tell me which program if so).

Sorry if this sounds a bit rantish, but I really do believe in the forums abilities to help people...

/Calle

FishyBusiness 03-10-2002 09:02 PM

Eslon,

I am just curious.

What kind of tech support have you gotten from other screen saver manufactures? What kind of tech support have you received from other $22 USD programs? What kind of Tech support have you received from other games/programs?

I do agree that waiting a week is a bit excessive but not everything runs as smooth as we hope it would.

Jim Sachs 03-10-2002 09:52 PM

Eslone runs a site in tribute to my personal hero Richard Feynman at http://www.feynmanonline.com/.

Too bad -- we might have been friends in a different universe.

eslone 03-10-2002 10:15 PM

Didn't work!

Hi:

I did download the latest version and the problem persists. I downloaded it today just before posting here.

Any other thoughts?

Eric

PS: Glad to hear you're a Feynman fan!

feldon34 03-10-2002 10:17 PM

eslone,

4 people are handling 1,500 e-mails a day and a credit card handling company that would make you go on a shooting spree out of frustration.

I can only apologize that you have somehow fallen through the cracks. You are encouraged to post questions here which will be promptly answered by our community, or come to the chatroom.

If the problem is not just your icons being reset to too few colors, but your whole Windows being dropped back to 256 or fewer colors, it may be a drivers issue with your video card.

If the version of the Aquarium you downloaded today (1.1.2) does not fix the problem, please post your system configuration here including Windows version, video card with driver version (if you have it), etc.

SereneScreen staff are in the process of upgrading 75,000 people from version 99L to 1.1. This is a massive rollout, and support is not the normal 4-6 hour turnaround that we have all been spoiled by. :)

eslone 03-10-2002 10:30 PM

Configuration

Is there an automated way for me to get my system configuration and post it here?

Thanks!!
Eric

PS: My frustration might have been averted had the messages on your support site and follow-up email reflected actual response times. After the stated 48-72 hours passed, and well passed, I got frustrated!

Jim Sachs 03-10-2002 10:51 PM

Eslone's problem was fixed by installing the latest Win2k Radeon drivers.

Spyder 03-15-2002 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
Eslone's problem was fixed by installing the latest Win2k Radeon drivers.
surprise? nah.. ;)