Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Future: Freshwater Aquarium (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   When the fresh water will relesed ... Plzzzzz (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2865)

Surferminn 01-31-2005 12:38 PM

Well, they don't seem to like questions... I was called for jury duty 4 times and once made it into the jury box only to be dismissed. I noticed whenever I asked a question, the attorney would make a tick mark or some kind of notation by my name and eventually dismiss me. Once I was glad because it sounded really intense, this young fellow was on trial for supposedly killing a homeless guy and they were asking us if we had any prejudice about the credibility of the testimony of a homeless person or people who drank or on drugs, etc.. Also, if we had any prejudice about the testimony of a police officer over that of a homeless person...

glad to hear your attention now refocussing on the MA...

Marian Nichols 01-31-2005 12:51 PM

Our case was about a rear end collision and who was at fault, you will not believe the decision we came up with.

Socrates 01-31-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patscarr
What is the criteria for that? Taxpayer doesn't cut it, don't you have to be a home owner?

It's basically the obligation of every citizen over 18.

Jim Sachs 01-31-2005 02:34 PM

Driver's license and voting rolls here.

I just got home - we weren't needed, so they let my group go at noon. Looks like I'll be going to the Long Beach Aquarium tomorrow.

Sergiales 01-31-2005 03:10 PM

Enjoy!

enigma63941 01-31-2005 06:13 PM

I missed the thread that says that the FA is being put on hold and new stuff is going to be worked on the MA. When was this decided and what are the new things planned for the MA? My guess would be the 3d background then some creature packs. What were the reasons for putting the FA on hold and when will it be picked up again?

Jim Sachs 01-31-2005 07:36 PM

It was decided about a month ago, and announced a couple of weeks ago. The plan is to do a 3D background (2 screens wide), with moving anemones, improved bubbles, and a few other additions. The reason for putting the FA on hold is to re-do MA. I can only do one thing at a time. I plan to pick it up again after the first creature pack.

Surferminn 01-31-2005 08:44 PM

oh, can you fix the starfish while you're at it and give it moving tentacles feet under each arm, please?

Jim Sachs 01-31-2005 08:55 PM

The starfish is probably the only thing that I DON'T plan to change. If you want the underside of the tentacles to look more alive, use a lower resolution. The aliasing makes the tentacles seem to crawl with tubefeet :)

Jav400 01-31-2005 09:14 PM

Good Luck on your quest tomorrow Jim. I hope you see something that represents what you want to do. :TU:

Surferminn 01-31-2005 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs
The starfish is probably the only thing that I DON'T plan to change. If you want the underside of the tentacles to look more alive, use a lower resolution. The aliasing makes the tentacles seem to crawl with tubefeet :)

Thanks for the suggestion, but lowering the resolution (640x480) actually makes the outter edges of each arm and the back side of the starfish more particle-lized (yeah I know that's not a word) and active looking but not the underside of each arm where the tubular tentacles should be and which is usually the most visually active part of a starfish. That's okay. Thanks for telling me you don't plan to change it so I can let that go. Maybe you can take out the pulsing shadows above the top edge of the coral? Anyway, ditto what Jav said, may you get truly inspired from your trip tomorrow. Have a fun day. :)

enigma63941 02-01-2005 01:28 AM

Quote:

It was decided about a month ago, and announced a couple of weeks ago. The plan is to do a 3D background (2 screens wide), with moving anemones, improved bubbles, and a few other additions. The reason for putting the FA on hold is to re-do MA. I can only do one thing at a time. I plan to pick it up again after the first creature pack.

That sounds like GOOD NEWS. Can't wait. Relax and have fun with your trip to the aquarium. I'm sure your creative juices will overflow :TU: .

Tiny Turtle 02-01-2005 01:57 AM

Short notice on the judicial (sp?) system here in Sweden. We actually don't have a juries here. Since this system leads to less spectacular arguing it doesn't lend itself to movies and TV shows taking place in court which result in the average Swede (including myself) knowing more about the U.S. system than our own.

Oh – and good luck, Jim.

patscarr 02-01-2005 02:11 AM

You'll probably be taking lots of pictures at the aquarium, right Jim? Be sure to post a couple!

IXNAY 02-02-2005 09:34 AM

Enjoy the aquarium visit,
do you have any idea of system requirements for it yet?

Jim Sachs 02-02-2005 12:12 PM

DX8 will probably be required.

Derrek 02-02-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IXNAY
Enjoy the aquarium visit,
do you have any idea of system requirements for it yet?

one requirement will be patience.

enigma63941 02-02-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrek
one requirement will be patience.

For sure, but the wait will be worth it of course.

FishyBusiness 02-02-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiny Turtle
Short notice on the judicial (sp?) system here in Sweden. We actually don't have a juries here. Since this system leads to less spectacular arguing it doesn't lend itself to movies and TV shows taking place in court which result in the average Swede (including myself) knowing more about the U.S. system than our own.

Oh – and good luck, Jim.

I am sure that you already know this, but what is on TV is way different than a real U.S. courtroom. The exception, of course, being high-profile cases.

Quote:

That is soo funny.

Jim Sachs 02-02-2005 09:04 PM

Went to the Long Beach Aquarium yesterday. Got a few ideas, but not many. The main thing I need right now is an aquarium with a lot of interesting background objects in it - corals, anemones, etc. I'll renew the request that I've made several times in the past: If anyone knows an aquarium store owner with such a tank on display in the Southern California area, and who would allow me to take pictures of it, please let me know. I'm willing to buy any object I photograph, and when I leave, it stays in the store. You'd think store owners would jump at the opportunity to "Eat their cake, and yet have it", but it's amazing how fast most store owners throw you out as soon as they see a camera. Makes you wonder what they are hiding.