Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3 Rumors and Speculation (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3675)

Jim Sachs 08-29-2006 01:59 PM

If I had known you guys were so easily pleased, I would have posted screen shots of a blank screen when I first started.

cjmaddy 08-29-2006 02:09 PM

... Don't know about you, but I'm not too keen on that shade of blue background colour.

..... That thing looks like something from a Citroen car ad. :erm:

Jav400 08-29-2006 02:15 PM

Well as long as you are giving out tidbits, would you mind telling us where that section is planned to reside? And correct me if I'm worng here, but I am trying to visualize your creative process, which for me is a difficult thing. I will be the first to admit that I am not creative in any where near the same way you are.

Basically you go out and conceptualize what you want to create using real life examples that you find, and then you have to build the structures to fit the textures that you will use in the product. Is this very basically correct? I know I am leaving out many many other aspects, but am only refering to what you have shown us here.

Tiny Turtle 08-29-2006 02:36 PM

In the cold hostile world of the internet ouitside this forum that post would constitute a loud and clear "Owned", but not in here of course...

/Tiny Leet

Jav400 08-29-2006 02:43 PM

Mechanics and logistics etc., I can handle with no sweat; I could build doc's tank with my eyes closed. Painting a picture is beyond me. :( Taking a picture is a different story as I can frame in what I want, and get where I want to be. I guess its the same here. Morgan is creative as all get out. He can design stuff I could never do. But I can read the code for what he did and understand why it needs to work the way it does and replicate it in another manner using that as an example. I can even look at finished stuff for here and fine tune it, and I can tell when something "looks" or "feels" off, and needs to be adjusted. But as far as "creating" it in the first place, I'm lost.

cjmaddy 08-29-2006 03:06 PM

[thinks] .... I think I understand Jim's screen shots better than I understand Tiny's comments...[/thinks] :(

Jim Sachs 08-29-2006 04:00 PM

Ha, ha - Me, too, Cliff.

Jav - The initial "creative" process in my mind is the easiest part. I just close my eyes and transport myself a couple of years into the future. I look at the screen and see the final product in all its detail. Then I come back here and learn how to make it happen.

My daughter is very creative, but can also get very organized when she needs to. She was just in here a few minutes ago, making a list of all the critters I should make for the Creature Packs. We went through Morgan's Wishlists, and picked about 30 animals. Now she'll help me narrow that down to 20 for the 2 packs, based on availability of real specimens for me to study. Of course, I can't even start on that until I do 3.0, but the new background needs to have specialized areas for the beasties to play in (a cave, a large sandy place, a sea anemone for the clownfish, etc.)

By the way, she had never really seen the "Inside the Marine Aquarium" site before, and just loved the look and feel of it. So much friendlier and more interesting than the corporate-looking Serenescreen site. I agree with her.

Jav400 08-29-2006 04:09 PM

ROFL @ Jim, If only it were that easy.

PS. Grab a paper or something while you are there in the future and come back with some lottery numbers or something. :)

Jim Sachs 08-29-2006 04:14 PM

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

Jav400 08-29-2006 04:23 PM

Yeah I know, but you forgot which drawing its for, right? ;)

Jim Sachs 08-29-2006 04:33 PM

Must I do EVERYTHING?

Tiny Turtle 08-29-2006 04:52 PM

1. A request for screenshot although there isn't much to show.
2. A plain "no" based on the very fact that there isn't anything to show.
3. A "Hmpf" at the no as being uncooperative (but wit acceptance of waiting)
4. A screenshot as per the request, but also not showing anything (which was the original reason of the "no".)

Hence "Owned" (feed "owned" and "leet" into Google if you need further definition)

Jim Sachs 08-29-2006 04:58 PM

I just don't fit into this modern world anymore!

Wizwad 08-29-2006 05:15 PM

OK then, forget the scuba diver; a nice little mediaeval castle would be good in the aquarium, if you insist. :D:D

Simple Steve 08-29-2006 08:08 PM

I think a lot of the people on this board don't have a clue how long it will take Mr. Sachs to complete 3.0, or the effort it takes to do something like this. There's a reason I never got into programming. It's tedious, time-consuming, and sometimes frustrating work. The little bit that I've done is enough to convince me that I made the right decision in my IT career choice. I certainly wont say that I've done coding on the level of Mr. Sachs, but I think I can say with certainty that wishing him to go faster aint gonna make it happen.

patscarr 08-29-2006 08:45 PM

Wow! Screenshots of 3.0! Incredible!
Jim, in the second shot, I think you've got a dash misplaced. I'd hate to see the anemone eat the clown fish because of a misplaced dash. :) Everything else looks good though. Keep up the great work!:TU:

Ralph 08-29-2006 09:39 PM

love the screen shots as well..especially the fading to blue effect from line 33-1.... but how cum there is an hour difference from your screen capture and post.. Maybe that is where some of your troubles are, you are writing code while in the 4th dimension.:D

Jav400 08-29-2006 09:49 PM

Well so far the most we have learned from these latest verbal rejoinders is that Jim is done within 2 years, because thats where he went ahead and looked at it. :)

Highlander 08-30-2006 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs
OK, here are two screenshots of what I'm working on right now. Welcome to my world.

hehhe thanks Jim (better then nothing).

BTW uninstall Norton antivirus it is to heavy on systems.

I use NOD32 very light and very good :)

Greetings from Belgium

PFM 09-01-2006 03:39 PM

Jim:

Add me to the list of folks anxiously awaiting 3.0. Keep up the good work.

-Paul