Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   FlagPride (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What is the point of FlagPride? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1335)

Socrates 03-05-2003 11:17 PM

{MOD EDIT: Split from the 'Flags of the World' topic.}

I can't help ask myself, "HUH?" Is this a joke or is this is a real product?

Reichart 03-07-2003 05:09 AM

Flag feedback

{MOD EDIT: Split from the 'Flags of the World' topic.}

Socrates: Q: I can't help ask myself, "HUH?" Is this a joke or is this is a real product?
A: What part of national pride do you think is a joke? But, we do have a Happy face flag, so…Have a Nice Day.

Socrates 03-08-2003 01:08 PM

Re: Flag feedback

Quote:

Originally posted by Reichart

Socrates: Q: I can't help ask myself, "HUH?" Is this a joke or is this is a real product?
A: What part of national pride do you think is a joke? But, we do have a Happy face flag, so…Have a Nice Day.

This is uncalled for. I just can't believe that a whole product is dedicated to this. It doens't seem like a very interesting product at all in comparison to the other things Prolific does.

If you ever question my patriotism or national pride again you and I are going to have a serious personal problem, "friend".

feldon34 03-08-2003 01:40 PM

Just a few comments before I lock this topic...

FlagPride is something Prolific has been working on for almost a year now. They did quite a bit of research to see if there was a need for this product. To say to someone who has worked hard on a project like this and put in 16 hour days "This is a joke right?" is very insulting and one would not expect a polite response.

FlagPride is still a beta, just as the Aquarium was for a year+ after it came out. There are a lot of things they want to add before they {have it where they want it}, including cloth texture, rope, reflections in the ball on top of the flagpole, self-shadowing, etc.

Already I have received another "speedbump" version of FlagPride which fixes what I felt was a completely un-random animation sequence. In the currently available FlagPride, I feel that the animation does a small "puff", then the flag wilts, then a bigger "puff", then the flag wilts again, then it finally starts animating fairly nicely.

With the new FlagPride beta, it immediately starts animating very naturally with less obvious "lulls" and "puffs".

Even if FlagPride were not available to the general public, it will make its money back tenfold because local, state, and federal governments have expressed a strong interest. The product is already made, it is *relatively* trivial to put in other flags.

There is a huge demand for this kind of simple, awesome-looking screen saver. Some people love the Wimplefish, some people hate it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be in there.

If we want to discuss this further, please keep it to private messages.