Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ctrl+shift+s starts aquarium off (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2636)

nath 09-23-2004 08:03 AM

ctrl+shift+s starts aquarium off

hi,

i tried searching for this but couldn't find anything.

for some reason (and i dont know if this is something else that might be installed), pressing ctrl+shift+s starts of the aquarium thing. even if its not the default screensaver.

thats fine, but another program i use needs to use that same key combination so everytime i press it, it fires up the aquarium instead.

is there a way to turn that off? i couldn't find any setting anywhere

Thanks
nath

cjmaddy 09-23-2004 08:17 AM

It's not April 1st is it?

Liath 09-23-2004 08:38 AM

Quote:

It's not April 1st is it?
I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't work for me either.

ESHIREY 09-23-2004 08:50 AM

Must be a ghost. :D

Jav400 09-23-2004 10:25 AM

It does nothing for me here either. It must be something else that you have installed causing a conflict. To my knowledge there isn't anything in the aquarium that would cause this or that you can turn off to stop it.

davidiq 09-23-2004 04:55 PM

I have a program called SaverNow that allows setting up a hot-key combination to do something like that. Unless you accidentally set up an outside program to do something like this for your screen saver then maybe your computer is possesed.

You could try one other thing. When you install Marine Aquarium you have the option to add a shortcut to your desktop and/or quick launch bar. Right-click on either shortcut and select properties. There's a field called "Shortcut Key" on there. Just check and see if there's your shortcut key sequence. You'll have to check both shortcuts if you have them both on your computer. You might have had the shortcut properties open at some point and pressed the shortcut key sequence or maybe someone's playing a practical joke on you.

If these shortcut key fields are empty then I'm out of suggestions...for now. Hope that helps maybe.

davidiq 09-23-2004 04:57 PM

Oh yeah... just in case there is a shortcut key setup on there just click anywhere in the "shortcut key" box and hit backspace and then "Ok".

Tiny Turtle 09-24-2004 12:59 AM

Those shortcut keys only work for me if I add them to a shortcut in the Start menu. Adding them to a Desktop or Quick launch icon does nothing. Thus, I suggest checking the properties of the shortcut in the Start menu.

/Tiny Key

davidiq 09-24-2004 07:39 AM

If you're using Windows XP then it'll work from the Start menu also (Windows 2000 doesn't seem to allow this). I just tried it on both and only the desktop icon shortcut key setup worked for me and not the quick launch one...