Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [Feature] MA for Android as a Live Wallpaper (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10389)

Ad_Enuff 10-27-2020 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanD (Post 158735)
Perhaps you can clear up my confusion: does MA under Android run as an app that displays on the screen or only as a screensaver that must be called by the display management software and should not be executed directly?

I have tried running it both ways, but without success. However tablet setup can be quite complex and it is not always obvious how it should be setup for specific applications.

It's a live wallpaper ONLY. I have installed it on multiple phones, Android TV boxes and tablets and it works flawlessly.

Jim Sachs 10-27-2020 12:06 PM

It's just an app. Pressing the icon should start it immediately.

IanD 10-27-2020 11:58 PM

Have had no success running MA Android Trial on Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android v10 as app, screensaver or live wallpaper: it just goes to a black screen and then after a period of time returns to the desktop with an error message that the app keeps closing.

However, I have had success running it on a cheap Tronsmart MK808b+ as an app and it looks almost as good as the Windows version (but lacks background music and the configurability of the Windows version). So now I have a small, cheap device I can use to create MA on a large screen TV. Just have to work out how to automatically launch it on power up of the Tronsmart.

Ad_Enuff 10-28-2020 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanD (Post 158739)
Have had no success running MA Android Trial on Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android v10 as app, screensaver or live wallpaper: it just goes to a black screen and then after a period of time returns to the desktop with an error message that the app keeps closing.

However, I have had success running it on a cheap Tronsmart MK808b+ as an app and it looks almost as good as the Windows version (but lacks background music and the configurability of the Windows version). So now I have a small, cheap device I can use to create MA on a large screen TV. Just have to work out how to automatically launch it on power up of the Tronsmart.

Android 10 is the reason why it doesn't work. You need to report this to the developer on the Google Play store. They are the ones in charge of the development of the Android app version.

Jim Sachs 10-28-2020 09:36 AM

I'll tell Reichart about this problem. He's still riding out the Covid thing at my castle.

IanD 10-28-2020 05:04 PM

IIRC the blurb on Google Play store for the MA app mentions 64 bit app with full compatibility with Android 10.

Ad_Enuff 10-28-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanD (Post 158744)
IIRC the blurb on Google Play store for the MA app mentions 64 bit app with full compatibility with Android 10.

KNOWN ISSUES

- On Google's Android 5.0 and above, there is a Screensaver (formerly Daydream) bug that may cause apps to display a blank screen after auto-lock engages.