Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3 Comments & Appreciation (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4382)

cohiba420 02-10-2009 10:31 PM

amen!

zeeric 02-11-2009 12:12 PM

well, it's a fantastic simulator of fish, but it's for relaxing, i can't see what else it can be :) so simulator, yes but screen saver, it can't be call another way at the moment : not a game, not a scientific test for us, but a good time to be cool in front of a simulator af life, a complex screensaver ;) For the clock, i agree that it's not the most important thing for a simulator ;) the clams, interacting with fish are more important.. but you re clock is a good thing ;) HS by the way, i discover that you have done the graph of defender of the crown??? you are nearly a god for amiga lover ;) congratulation really !!!

Jim Sachs 02-11-2009 12:18 PM

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere, so thanks.

Overlord 02-11-2009 12:31 PM

Here's a compliment for you. Thanks for finishing the clock so you can go forward with the clams, new fish models and critter packs. I hope people realize that since you started this screensaver years ago, any request that gets added in is a bonus not a necessity.

Jav400 02-11-2009 12:39 PM

If the clams are almost done, then I would vote for holding off on updating the installer version so it can include the clams. :)

Jim Sachs 02-11-2009 12:44 PM

I've already turned in Beta9c to Edgar and Mark to be wrapped in the installer and put onto SereneScreen.com.

The clams are nowhere near done, but I'm up to my armpits in them. I'd guess they'll take a couple of weeks.

Jav400 02-11-2009 12:45 PM

Ouch, I didn't know it would be that long. Sorry Jim. :eek:

Chiana 02-15-2009 07:23 AM

Hellow Jim,

First Of All Gr8 Work... This Is My Favorite Screen Saver /Application In The All World... :p

Second, I wold Like U To Considur Adding The Feature:
That A Mouse Duble Click On The Aquarium Window Will Switch Between Full Screen / Window Mode (Like Media/Video Players)...

Thanks In Advanced, And Very Much Appreciation For Your Work... :TU:

Jim Sachs 02-15-2009 11:08 AM

Maybe. It's already pretty easy, though - just a right-click away.

Chiana 02-16-2009 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110926)
Maybe. It's already pretty easy, though - just a right-click away.

Hey Jim,

Many Thx For The Reply...
The Right Click, Post The Mini Menu... The F Key, Do The Trick...
But Mouse Double Click Will Be More Convenient...

As I Say,It's For Your Consideration... I Will Buy The New Ver Anyway... :TU:

tormod 02-16-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiana (Post 110939)
Hey Jim,

Many Thx For The Reply...
The Right Click, Post The Mini Menu... The F Key, Do The Trick...
But Mouse Double Click Will Be More Convenient...

If this is implemented how will we be able to "tap" the glass without causing
a minimize/maximize ?

tormod

Chiana 02-16-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tormod (Post 110943)
If this is implemented how will we be able to "tap" the glass without causing
a minimize/maximize ?

tormod

Hi Tomrod,

"tap" the glass? I don't See This Feature In This Version (& Never Used It B4;))...
Any Way, I Sure Hope Jim Will Go With My Suggestion... Or Maybe An Option To Choose Keys Settings Manualy... :TU:

tormod 02-16-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiana (Post 110944)
Hi Tomrod,

"tap" the glass? I don't See This Feature In This Version (& Never Used It B4;))...
Any Way, I Sure Hope Jim Will Go With My Suggestion... Or Maybe An Option To Choose Keys Settings Manualy... :TU:

It's not implemented yet, it's a future idea. The idea is to mimic how a fish
would react if you tap the glass. On the MA you would use the mouse. A
double click to minimize/maximize would impede this feature.

tormod

Jav400 02-16-2009 08:24 AM

I don't see the point really.

If that was implemented it's not changing or adding anything. You would need to right click twice - 2 clicks. Right now it's right click once, choose from the menu, and left click once; 2 clicks. What's the difference? :confused: Plus you lose the extra functionality of the other choices there....................... :TD:

cjmaddy 02-16-2009 08:27 AM

We already have the F key and the Right-Click context menu, to toggle between Full and Windowed mode. So I hope/think that there are far more important demands on Jim's time and attention, - at this stage of MA3's development! ... Yes? ;)

Jim Sachs 02-16-2009 11:28 AM

Cliff - Yes.

Wizwad 02-16-2009 02:37 PM

How *are* those clams coming along? Still giving you grief, Jim?

Jim Sachs 02-16-2009 03:09 PM

OK Wiz, here's a progress report.

I loaded all my former clam pieces and experiments into Lightwave and realized I had to change my plan slightly on how to animate them. No big deal, but they will need an intermediate position between open and closed. As the clam closes, the blue "meat" needs to clear the teeth of the shell, so it has to arc out of the way, instead of the linear movement from one position to the other. I put together some more tests, and found that the bare shell didn't look convincing in its closed position. So, I went to the local aquarium store and bought an empty clam shell to photograph. I still haven't got the lighting exactly right, but it will work.

At about that point I had a conference call with Prolific, and was informed that they are talking to several publishers to take the place of Encore, and we'll need a Gold Master disk soon. Now, the first batch of CDs that are produced will just be a copy of the latest Beta at that point, and then the customers will be encouraged to come and get free updates. But there are still some functions which I'm not comfortable turning loose on the general public in their current state. Sure, it would be nice to have the clams working, but they are not really vital. So I decided to put them on hold and spend a day implementing a better music interface and a Logo interface.

The internal workings of the Logo interface will be nearly identical to the music interface, so I tackled the music first. Each time someone has complained about the music pausing before it starts, or some other problem, Edgar has added a level of checks and indirection until the sound system is unbelievably difficult to follow. A day became two, then three, then four. I think I finally got it, though. The user can now open up the Music dialog box, click on any song in the list, preview it, and move it up or down in the list. The Logo playlist will be very similar, with the addition of being able to set the number of seconds that each logo will play.

cjmaddy 02-16-2009 05:18 PM

Wow!... :eek:

Wizwad 02-16-2009 05:42 PM

I'm sorry to hear you've been dragged away from the clams, but glad you've got a handle on how to progress with them. Also glad you've managed to come up with a music/logo interface you're sorta happy with. :TU:

So is that Gold disk required right away, or do you think you'll have time to work on a couple of other more interesting bits before it has to be pushed out?