Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Goldfish 2.0 Released... Finally (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3403)

Tiny Turtle 03-02-2006 07:29 PM

Nope. One to two fish would be better than one fish.

Jav400 03-02-2006 08:01 PM

Maybe the answer is to make the smallest fish the always there fish, and then let people choose from one of the others.

cjmaddy 03-03-2006 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edaniels
..... Wouldn't you feel somehow cheated if you were given the ability to double-up with some fish, but not others?

No! ... 'Cos the number of fish you can keep in any aquarium/bowl is dependant on their size! :)

bugsymcd24 03-03-2006 09:42 AM

Amen...

My daughter had a bowl similar to this, and she always had at least 2 fish in it...

ESHIREY 03-03-2006 12:26 PM

I like it just the way it is. And just my .02, It would be too many fish in that bowl with more then one fish.

Lyndamax 03-06-2006 07:24 AM

I Like the Bonsai there are so many different shapes in trees and containers maybe it would be possible to have a couple available and users could change the tree when they changed the fish.
cheers
Lynda

Tiny Turtle 03-07-2006 01:10 AM

Then again, the idea of an Bonsai is to look like a real tree only much smaller which makes 'em fascinating. When you insert a small tree there it doesn't look as "real" as you couldn't tell the scale properly. It'll just be a cut-in tree next to the tank. Think of ot like this. Wouldn't it be amazing (in real life) with a cat only a third of its regular size. I think it would be super cute. Now imagine inserting that cat sitting next to the bowl. The only thing achieved would be making the bowl and goldfish look thrice as big. No fun at all.

Picture Frame is better

edaniels 03-07-2006 05:16 PM

Turtle, that's a very good point. We might end up with what looks like a normal-sized tree next to a three-story fishbowl... with a volkswagen-sized goldfish swimming around in it!

If I do make it a picture frame, though, what format? Portrait, or landscape? I think landscape is more versatile, but... I'd like to take a vote.

Lostboy 03-07-2006 06:07 PM

I had to take a look at all of my pictures that I’d want to see used, and see what the average format was. And about 90% of them are Landscape. But I’m wondering if the Portrait format might look better in relation to the bowl.

Hey, I just saw something I never noticed before; that there’s a reflection on the vase! Nice touch.

cjmaddy 03-07-2006 06:13 PM

No one could ever confuse a Bonsai growing in a shallow dish, - with a forest tree!!! :erm: :loco:

..... How will we know what size the picture frame is? ;)

I vote Bonsai.

Jav400 03-07-2006 09:04 PM

I'm in the middle on this one. I agree with Cliff that it would be difficult to mistake a Bonsai in a dish as anything other than what it is ( and I like those ), but at the same time I like the idea of the photo as well.

So is it time for some more options and check boxes in the settings menu?

__Bonsai
X Photo
__Portrait
X Landscape
:) :)

Lostboy 03-07-2006 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I mean no disrespect for the artists, but I just had to get my own visual for a bonsai tree. I Googled a picture and stuck it on a screenshot. Here’s a quickie of what I came up with.

Tiny Turtle 03-08-2006 02:56 AM

Eric/Dan,
Landscape if I have to chose just one.

edaniels 03-08-2006 10:59 AM

Aaagh! Look! It's a monster goldfish in a giant bowl next to a normal-sized tree sitting in a ceramic wading pool!

Aw, who'm I kidding? Cliff's right; there are plenty of visual clues as to the true size of things.

feldon34 03-08-2006 11:20 AM

Volkswagen Beetle -- It makes your house look big.

Eddy'sEddy 03-08-2006 01:33 PM

Since you are considering changing the tulip to something else in the next version, could you have a second option added to have no item next to the fish bowl also?

patscarr 03-08-2006 09:08 PM

Portrait. I think most of all the pictures on people's mantlepieces, pianos, and countertops, are portraits. Landscapes are for hanging on walls.

Wizwad 03-09-2006 11:32 AM

:chants: Bonsai, Bonsai, Bonsai :/chants: :)

Jim Sachs 03-09-2006 09:58 PM

Give the user the choice between portrait or landscape. Or just size the frame to fit whatever picture they load in. Or have a window with people, cars, trains, boats, airplanes, elephants, and everything else in the world visible outside, yeah, that's the ticket, bwaahhaaahhaaa!!!

edaniels 03-09-2006 11:13 PM

Whoa, Jim... whaddaya, tryin' to KILL me!?

About the picture frame, though, I was wondering if anyone would suggest that its shape adapt to the picture itself... That seems like the most elegant solution, but it also would be the most challenging from an art standpoint. If I can make it work, that's the way I'll do it. Within limits, of course. If someone puts in an image that's 2048 pixels by 1 pixel, I'm not going to supply a frame to cover that case.

patscarr 03-10-2006 02:29 AM

Eric, you're the man! This talk of yours actually sounds like you are not only considering adding a picture frame but even working on it as I type! If that's the case, could we see this added pretty soon, like a month or two?

edaniels 03-10-2006 05:30 PM

Pat, I am working on it... but only in my mind, so far.

So don't expect it very soon... I've got a few other things I need to get to first. Sorry!

Tiny Turtle 03-11-2006 02:47 PM

Hey, he's a feldoncentral regular - he should be able to handle some waiting.

Falz 03-31-2006 08:46 PM

Does anyone prefer the old blue? The new aqua blue sort of clashes with the green, I think (maybe the opposite of clashes, makes it look washed out). Maybe have an option to use the old blue?

Breeze 08-16-2007 05:28 PM

The gravitating to the front is a very natural thing for goldfish to do - they are very people oriented and are always looking out for a "take notice of me will ya'" attitude - I love 'em just the way they are!

tjl60 05-28-2020 01:31 PM

never works

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon34 (Post 76665)
Welcome to the forums, Jaxim!

The new fish, improvements in all the scenes, and introduction of the fishbowl are the major improvements. To my knowledge, you can't change out the toys or appearance of the tanks other than choosing from them.

You are always welcome to download Goldfish Aquarium 2.0 Demo and try it out. It will run for a minute or so at a time before fading to black.

If you already own Goldfish Aquarium 1, you can upgrade to Goldfish Aquarium 2 for $5.95.

I have bought the screen saver 5 times and could never get it to work ?