Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3 Rumors and Speculation (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3675)

Surferminn 09-21-2006 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiny Turtle
Minnie,
Then couldn't you lose the sound in your videos and save some space better used for video quality?

/Tiny Suggestion

Good suggestion. I been using window's movie maker to compress and dont' believe it lets you save space by taking out sound. It lets me mute the sound or turn the sound down, but when saving it, there is no diff in size...:loco:

feldon34 09-21-2006 08:18 AM

Windows Movie Maker sounds very limited. I'd look into DivX.

Jav400 09-21-2006 10:07 AM

I updated the main news page with the special fish choices, so if anyone needs to refer back to them without hunting the threads you can find them there.

Jim Sachs 09-21-2006 10:22 AM

Sounds like Atlanta wouldn't work if it's that crowded. I need some "alone time" with the tanks to get the shots I need. Kids running around jostling the tripod and disturbing the fish are the bane of my existence. Even quiet respectful people cause trouble because their reflections in the glass can ruin the shot.

bugsymcd24 09-21-2006 10:30 AM

Try the aquariums at Paradise Island, Nassau, Bahamas. If you happen to need a vacation ;)

great aquariums....

Jav400 09-21-2006 10:39 AM

Thats about the way it is there for now Jim, and one of the reasons I haven't forced the time to go yet myself. I plan on wearing out my 1GB flash card in the camera, and for the reasons you just gave it isn't worth the trip yet.

If there is anything you would like me to look for or try and get a shot of, PM me and I will look for it when I go. Hopefully it will be sometime before too much longer.

Jim Sachs 09-21-2006 11:26 AM

Thanks Michael, but I need to take the pics myself - hi-def video and all, you know. Heading down to San Diego now in search of the perfect sea anemone.

Jav400 09-21-2006 11:33 AM

OK, at least when I go I will try and take boucoups photos and post them. That way you will at least know whats there and maybe not waste a trip.

Tiny Turtle 09-21-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jav400
A busy one. . .

You better cut down on the XB360 Poker and becoming a heli pilot then... ;)

/Tiny Jab at Jav

Jav400 09-22-2006 02:08 AM

I have to have something to do at 4AM when I can't sleep. They won't let me in the aquarium then. :(

And I have enough trouble with flying this new one during the day. Night is definately out. :lol:

Jim Sachs 09-22-2006 10:27 AM

Struck out in the San Diego area yesterday. It's amazing how many run-down aquarium stores there are all over the country. About half of those listed in on-line directories don't even exist any more. It's very depressing pulling up to "The Ultimate Saltwater Aquarium Shop" only to find that it is now a health insurance office.

Heading down to Long Beach Aquarium and a bunch of Los Angeles stores today.

Jav400 09-22-2006 10:32 AM

Well I know the one in Atlanta is supposed to be the largest one now Jim, not to mention brand new, it was opened last November I think. But, with knowing what you have to do and having heard about the crowds of people I think you would have a difficult time getting anything done. You might just give them a call and ask them on average what is their slowest day and time, and how busy they are on average.

ESHIREY 09-22-2006 03:24 PM

I want to see that one so bad. My sister and her family were there this summer. They liked it a lot but they said the one in Baltimore was better. I love the one in Baltimore but I want to see the new one just for the whale shark.

drfish 09-22-2006 05:24 PM

I'll be about 5 hours from Baltimore next weekend (we're taking the puppies on a road trip to Pittsburgh to visit a friend), don't temp me... :erm: If we weren't bringing the dogs I'd drive the extra 250 miles without hesitation...

Jav400 09-22-2006 06:05 PM

Charge up the batteries for the camera and go for it Doc.

drfish 09-22-2006 06:13 PM

I said don't tempt me! :(

I really wouldn't know what to do with the dogs. Can't leave them in the Pittsburgh hotel for that long, can't leave them in the car while we're at the aquarium, can't leave them home now that Jennifer's planning on bringing them, and we can't get a hotel in Baltimore because we already have 3 nights booked in Pittsburgh.... :| Hmmm... :| :| :|

patscarr 09-22-2006 08:35 PM

Gosh, wouldn't that be cool if a couple of you guys could meet in Baltimore and go to the aquarium together? If I was in N.Y. right now, I'd go to Baltimore for that in a second.

Jim Sachs 09-22-2006 11:37 PM

Struck out again today.

Surferminn 09-23-2006 04:50 AM

Some more Goby home videos

Sorry to hear that Jim. I'm sure it will be perfect when you find it. Here are some more Goby videos I took today. I know I'm probably making this up, but Goby seemed to recognize me and be happy to see me. :)

1Goby - Goby raised it's dorsal fin at me 3x here - I'm beginning to get that it raises its dorsal fin for special ocassions like acknowledging, not unlike someone waving hello. Sorry for some of it being tad out of focus due to the reflection of the glass.

2Goby - Here's a really focussed frontal closeup. You can see it's wavy fins very clearly in this video. Goby trying to get a good look at me, excited to see me as I was to see him.

3Goby - Goby hangs in midair threading water, raised dorsal fin. But more fascinating is capturing the movement of the clam behind the Goby snapping it's shell shut and then slowly opening it up again. Guess these sea shells aren't just props sitting there in the tank.

4Goby- Just to get a perspective on size, a yellow tang and blue tang swims by Goby - you can see how much bigger they are compared to the goby.

Okay, yeah, yeah, I know, enough boring goby videos, you guys can go out and play now. :D

Jim Sachs 09-23-2006 10:29 AM

More great shots. Do you pay for admission every time you go to the Pier 39 Aquarium, or do you have a pass of some kind?