Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Goldfish 2.0 Released... Finally (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3403)

RickDeckard 02-07-2006 02:00 PM

Hi everyone,I'm a French newbie on this site and I've purchased Goldfish Aquarium 2.0,Prolific has done a amazing job! The new tanks are great,especially the bowl and I love watching these lifelike goldfishes with their smooth swimming and so realisitc facial animations, bubbles are incredible too! :)
But in this world of perfection I've noticed a small inconvenience on Halley and so I've wrotten a bug report thread but as a new registered it is submit to approval before...so I will explain shortly.I've noticed a bug in facial animation of "Halley",it seems his eyes duplicate as the gill cover moves during breathing movements...Has someone seen something like that?
Thanks for responses! ;)

Schnaaps 02-09-2006 04:36 PM

Enigma...

Please send me your email address and problem privately and I will hunt down customer support for you. Typically when we do any upgrades to the sit or via CD, customer email spikes and it could take a day for them to get back to you.

feldon34 02-10-2006 08:28 AM

It's been 3 1/2. ;)

basser1 02-11-2006 10:11 AM

Has anyone had any problems placing an order with lifeglobe web-site? I am a registered owner of GA version 1. I went to their site and have tried to purchase the upgrade twice. Each time I didn't get a confirmation of my order, instead after I complete the order process and click the "submit" button, it send me to another page for version 1 owners to submit their keycodes, when I do this it sends me back to the order page again. Does anyone know if their site is having problems accepting orders?

ESHIREY 02-11-2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon29
It's been 3 1/2. ;)

Well he did say it could take a while. :lol:

Tiny Turtle 02-11-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESHIREY
Well he did say it could take a while. :lol:

Actually he said it could take a day...

enigma63941 02-12-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnaaps
Enigma...

Please send me your email address and problem privately and I will hunt down customer support for you. Typically when we do any upgrades to the sit or via CD, customer email spikes and it could take a day for them to get back to you.

I still havn't gotten any response from Lifeglobe, but thanks anyways. My registration finally worked. I guess it takes a while for the database to be updated.

So what are some goals for version 3.0? I thought we were getting a swordfish this time around. New fishes, snails, 3d background maybe?

edaniels 02-13-2006 09:36 AM

I have some ideas for 3.0, but it's too early to talk about them. I don't think there'll be any swordfish in it, though...

ESHIREY 02-13-2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiny Turtle
Actually he said it could take a day...

:nag: I know. That's why the smiley. You just like to pick on me.;););););):D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:: lol::lol::TU:

feldon34 02-13-2006 11:18 AM

I'm glad that people like Goldfish, but I just don't see how development can go much further without getting serious about reflection mapping. It's time for the Goldfish aquarium to have some, you know, GOLD fish! :)

ESHIREY 02-13-2006 12:14 PM

I agree with you buddy. By the way, Way to go on the 7000. :TU: You the man. :cheers:

feldon34 02-13-2006 12:37 PM

Something tells me that every few months, Eric tries to add a fish with this, turn it on, and the lighting and everything goes haywire and the amount of effort to resolve it is daunting.

edaniels 02-13-2006 12:52 PM

The problem seems to be the limitations inherent in the version of DirectX we're using. If you watch Halley, you'll see that she's orange, until a light hits her, and at that spot she'll turn yellow. That's an oversimplification of what an irridescent surface (like a goldfish's scales) does under varying lighting conditions... but it's the best we can do at the moment. I agree, though, shimmery, irridescent gold should be the very next improvement we attempt... as soon as we graduate to the latest DirectX!

Lostboy 02-13-2006 03:39 PM

I’ve been enjoying this new version for a while now. The credit card problem I was having was fixed last Wednesday, so I finally got my copy then. Thank you very much Prolific!

I’m enjoying this version very much, and if it was the final version I’d still be very happy with it. Saying that; as I watch this, I start to notice little things that I wish were improved.

First, the sound. With the tanks, this feels pretty normal. However when it goes to the bowls, clear tank, or pond, it doesn’t fit at all.

Second, the Prolific.com. If I saw this in a store, that’d be great to know where to find it. If this was just a demo, I can understand a little logo appearing. But when it’s my personal owned copy, even though it’s slightly hidden, it still looks unnatural. Even if it was a bit more incorporated, that would be fine with me, like how SereneScreen looks. You could have it written into the pebbles or on the bowl glass like as if it was just the bowl manufactures logo.

Just a thought. But above all, I love the new upgrade. Thank you!

edaniels 02-14-2006 09:24 AM

Lostboy, you make a good point... here's what happened: Jim Sachs put his signature on his Marine Aquarium artwork, and so I considered putting mine on my Goldfish artwork, but since my name isn't exactly the "draw" that Jim's is, and at the time I was working under a pseudonym... I decided not to. I thought "prolific.com" might be a good idea, since it tells someone where to go if they see it running somewhere and want to buy it... but I really didn't want it to look like an ad. So I tried to hide it somewhere where it wouldn't detract from the composition, but you could find it if you looked for it. Maybe I should have hidden it a little more...

As for the sound, you're so right. We'll address that soon, I hope.

Eddy'sEddy 02-14-2006 10:30 AM

I thought I would let you know I like the 2 new fish bowles (Zen and Desktop toy) and also the Art School topview. I think it is really nice with Cali. It took me a little while when I first got the new 2.0 to find out that there were 11 different Tanks, and I needed to use the slide bar to get to all of the tanks. Thanks for the new 2.0

edaniels 02-14-2006 08:57 PM

Thanks, Eddy... I'm glad you like the new fishbowls & Art School.

I was wondering if I should ask people to send in screencaptures of their favorite "fish paintings". Oops, I just did!

(By "fish paintings" I mean from the Art School tank.)

EVERRET 02-15-2006 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by edaniels
Thanks, Eddy... I'm glad you like the new fishbowls & Art School.

I was wondering if I should ask people to send in screencaptures of their favorite "fish paintings". Oops, I just did!

(By "fish paintings" I mean from the Art School tank.)

• O.K. I'll bite....

Ralph 02-15-2006 11:55 PM

Does anyone else think the bubbles ascend just a tad too fast to be realistic.. or is it just me..

bugsymcd24 02-26-2006 09:22 AM

One Suggestion

I would like to request that at some point, there either be an option to remove the yellow flower from the fish bowl scenes, or at least have one without it. THANKS!!