Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Future: Freshwater Aquarium (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What's in store for 2004? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2161)

Quick Death 01-09-2004 06:52 PM

What's in store for 2004?

I wonder if the Freshwater aquarium will be released the first 1/4 - 1/2 of 2004?

Jim Sachs 01-10-2004 01:11 AM

Me, too.

jcap511 01-10-2004 03:34 AM

is there any news on the Fresh Water Aquarium? I mean, progress is slowly being made, right? It will be released sometime in the near future, right?

Jim Sachs 01-10-2004 10:38 AM

It's on hold for a few days while I'm re-doing Prolifc's 5 fish in the Marine Aquarium.

Quick Death 01-10-2004 10:41 AM

awe nuts, this is gonna be a long 'few days' :(

Jim Sachs 01-10-2004 12:05 PM

Yeah, but a free update for MA users.

IXNAY 01-12-2004 11:10 AM

Thats nice, but I think the Prolific fish are well done and the freshwateraquarium is wanted more.
Are there some news concerning the freshwateraquarium?

raven 01-12-2004 04:03 PM

Well I would like to see the freshwater aquarium but I am quite happy Jim will redo these fish. I never use any of the fish created by Ken Dougherty, not because they are not beautifull but because they look (IMO) very computer-generated compared to Jim's (which look foto-realistic to me).

Panthera 01-14-2004 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by raven
Well I would like to see the freshwater aquarium but I am quite happy Jim will redo these fish. I never use any of the fish created by Ken Dougherty, not because they are not beautifull but because they look (IMO) very computer-generated compared to Jim's (which look foto-realistic to me).
Which 5 fish are they?

feldon34 01-14-2004 02:45 AM

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...&threadid=1392

Panthera 01-14-2004 03:13 PM

That's odd, I completely missed that entire thread. It was right around the time I registered here so that could've been why. Three of those fish are what I use for my screensaver.

PaulsPics 02-24-2004 04:54 AM

Answer to 5 fish add-on for time

Hi Morgan ,
I just posted to the other forum thread and questioned if the 5 fish would be added to MAT, now to find an answer by Jim in this forum on the Freshwater Tank. Look forward to the event . Thanks .
Think I also forgot to say Hi to you Morgon and overlooked my head banging friend from Lancashire - Hi Cliff , expect you would like some of our 40deg C summer down here. At least on can sit near the airconditioner and watch the 'cool' water on the screen .
regards
Paul Sydney

cjmaddy 02-24-2004 06:36 AM

Welcome back Paul! - long time no read! :D

Yes, I'm still banging my head! - even more so in fact! ;)

Tiny Turtle 02-24-2004 06:48 AM

Hi Paul!
Could you put some of that summer in an envelope and send it my way? We just got yet another case of snowstorm...

Cliff tried banging heads with a horse a while back (nope, he didn't win that one ;) )

/Tiny Utzon

PaulsPics 02-24-2004 11:22 PM

Dropping by to say Hi

Hi Tiny , overlooked your name , and you were the first to welcome me last year. Bet its bitter weather over there.
I have isolated my main computer off the telephone line and internet, too many valuable memories of my family roots and images back to the1880s, too many aircraft re-configured for optimum in Flight sim 2002 and a bit in FS2004, and of course my 2 favorite Serene screens and upgrades. Result is that I am using this Old Pentium 100 for all internet contact so is pleny slow. On top of that I have taken on some casual temp work at the Sydney observatory doing conducted tours at night, discuss Astronomy with visitors in a 3D theartre and then look at the night sky with telescopes, one of which is the historic 130 year old brass refractor, so my minimum time on the net is applied to more study and following latest news from Planet Mars. Thus my abscence for a while. I thought I would check back to say HI ! and ulterior motive was to see if Jim had come up with any of the other denizons for the Marine tanks, like "the Banded Shrimp " , for which I understood we would have to pay but hopefully at a nominal amount as an add-on. I am glad to see that we shortly may be able to get the 5 fish to add to the MAT .
Incidently since I am running the two machines concurrently with monitors only inches apart I loaded up the earlier version SS into the Pentiom 100. Did not expect it to function at all but I report that the scenery & fish images displays Ok but the fish hardly move but when you have the Pent 1 Ghz operating MAT next to it you do not notice the small jerky movements esp with the smaller fish selected as it is added "tank" on the one side and displays that nice original large Coral as well. Anyway I am happy as it gives me a two and half foot tank all up, and the clock time in the centre. I hope I have not breached the agreement in running on the two machines ? as I consideredthem to be seperate programs !
If ever you visit Sydney come and see some stars of theSouthern Hemisphere, give me a note so I meet up . best regards Paul

PaulsPics 02-24-2004 11:39 PM

Copy to Cliff Addy , Hi Mate

Hello Cliff ,
I have just given all my news on previous post to Tiny so will not over load the forum with a repeat of it.
If ever you visit warmer climes downunder give us a bell and come on up and look into outer space, let me know if you do so we could meet up, before you make tracks northwards to see the GBR to see these wonderful fish in person. I was up on the reef in 1989 and one day I counted over 200 fish all around me in the water and following me as I had my camera and flash in a plastic bag, the fish thought I had food for them and when I snokelled off the whole lot followed me , like Pans Piper. Unforgettable. Those little Humbugs, the black and white "Three stipe Damselfish, have quite a nip if frustrated.
I am hoping that we will get Jim to produce some banded shrimp or hermit crabs to wander around the tanks, at a price of course best regards
Paul

patscarr 02-25-2004 12:00 AM

Paul, there is a new version in progress that will be fully supportive of dual monitors.

kingkoz 03-10-2004 06:04 PM

Re: What's in store for 2004?

Quote:

Originally posted by Quick Death
I wonder if the Freshwater aquarium will be released the first 1/4 - 1/2 of 2004?
I too am looking for information on WHEN we can expect a Freshwater Aquarium screensaver. Seems like all I have read/heard is the ole standard "it will be coming soon". Unfortunately, I have been reading this for the past 2 years (at minimum) I realize you want this to be good, but, I think in 2 years time, a FWA and a couple updates for it could have been out. I know Jim doesn't like to be tied to a date, but how about giving us SOMETHING and sticking with it? Or if need be, a "sorry, we have other priorities and the FWA won't be done at all"? something more than "soon"

Jim Sachs 03-10-2004 06:50 PM

When did anyone ever say "soon"?

Quick Death 03-10-2004 08:56 PM

will the crystal clock be in the freshwater aquarium?