Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   FlagPride (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Flags Of North America Wishlist (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1331)

Lostboy 03-06-2003 07:09 PM

What are the future plans for Flags of North America? On the site is says, “We plan on updating and improving the program, as well as adding more flags.” Is there any more information about this? I would love to see a more realistic background. I wouldn’t mind buying it now for the low price, but I’m curious what to expect in the future.

feldon34 03-06-2003 11:01 PM

-Stitching and detailed texture for each flag.
-More randomness to the animation.

Not sure what else.

Lostboy 03-06-2003 11:05 PM

As mentioned on the other thread, sound on the flag and wind would be nice.

Also a little further back view would be nice.

Tiny Turtle 03-07-2003 01:49 AM

• A shifting direction of the wind

• User-definable wind-speed.

• Having the flag curl up on the post would be a realistic touch (albeit not that amusing ;) )

• Light shifting while the day passes (or sunrise/sunset mode)

• Weather :)

• Different flag pole ornaments (gold/silver ball, eagle, a.s.o.)

/Tiny Wishlist

feldon34 03-07-2003 03:27 AM

The wind speed IS user-definable. There are keyboard shortcuts to control the speed and to even dislodge the flag from the pole so it floats away.

Reichart 03-07-2003 05:17 AM

Features

Some things planned:

Really great backgrounds. Specifically local famous, like Washington monument, Grand Canyon, Great Wall of China, etc. I want to take each picture myself.

Sounds (wind, and music).

Much better rendering formulas: Self shadowing, flag reflected in brass finial.
Transitions (camera pans).
Better physics (rope, links, and grommets)
Day to dusk to night (with spot light).
Half mast (to honour)
Burning (to dishonour)
Upside down (to warn)
Overlays (messages, logos).
Historical flags, flag info, flag history and facts. Etc.
Photo Album (fly family pics on flags)

Tiny Turtle 03-07-2003 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reichart
Burning (to dishonour)
That's a joke right?

/Tiny Interest

Jim Sachs 03-07-2003 11:01 AM

I told you - Reichart does not shy away from controversy.

Swede 03-07-2003 12:53 PM

"In June 1990 the Supreme Court in U.S. v. Haggerty and U.S. v. Eichman upheld the district court rulings that the Flag Protection Act is unconstitutional. This law is still part of the U.S. Code, although it is not likely to be enforced unless a Flag Protection Amendment passes."

http://www.esquilax.com/flag/protection.html

Jav400 03-07-2003 01:03 PM

To me it is the intent and reason for which it is done. Do you know the proper and recommended way to dispose of a disfigured flag? I was told, and not sure if it was right or not.

feldon34 03-07-2003 01:34 PM

Quote:

When a flag is so worn it is no longer fit to serve as a symbol of our country, it should be destroyed by burning in a dignified manner.
PDF | HTML

Although I don't think Prolific is adding the Burn button for only that reason.

Rob 03-29-2003 09:20 PM

Switching from Day to Night might be a cool feature.. Also I think adding things like planes flying over (with jetstream , i think that is what you call the steam cloud they create), birds.

but if you really want to the money make a mock nascar race in the background..

you can have the flag get stolen during the night mode = )

feldon34 03-29-2003 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rob
Switching from Day to Night might be a cool feature.. Also I think adding things like planes flying over (with jetstream , i think that is what you call the steam cloud they create), birds.
Well, if a plane is intentionally dropping something from its engines, then it is making contrails. I think there's a few ways to do it.

grape_jellyfish 03-30-2003 02:57 PM

Re: Features

Quote:

Originally posted by Reichart
Burning (to dishonour)

A flag represents people, not just their goverment, burning a flag to dishonour it seems wrong to me. I am not just referring to my American flag, although I feel not only proud but privileged to be an American, no matter what anyone else says about it, but I think every flag of every nation should be treated with respect no matter what the goverment does. It's the people that count.

Anyway thats just my 2 cents. It is your product and you are free to do anything you want with it.

ayanez2 04-08-2003 06:49 PM

How about adding the P.O.W. flag?

Reichart 04-08-2003 06:52 PM

POW MIA is already in there.

http://www.flagpride.com/vexillology...12&countryid=0

drfish 04-09-2003 04:51 AM

Quote:

but if you really want to the money make a mock nascar race in the background..
LOL, beautiful...

grape_jellyfish 04-09-2003 12:52 PM

I like the POW flag, very good idea. :)

Franklin J. Flocks 04-24-2003 03:07 PM

Would like to be able to add or make my own flags using bitmapped or jpg files if that is practical - If this feature was added, I would buy the program - As to the demo, it looks pretty good. It works stereoscopically with liquid crystal glasses although the background is 2D.

How about making it possible to display more than one flag at a time.

Reichart 04-24-2003 04:21 PM

1. Q: Would like to be able to add or make my own flags using bitmapped or jpg files if that is practical - If this feature was added, I would buy the program.
A: Good to know, thank you. Yes, we PLAN to add this in the next month or so. Along with some other cool features.

2. Q: - As to the demo, it looks pretty good. It works stereoscopically with liquid crystal glasses although the background is 2D.
A: Cool.

3. Q: How about making it possible to display more than one flag at a time.
A: We plan to offer this for faster computers in the future.

Thank you for the feedback.