Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   is this Aquarium version 2010? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652)

James 02-27-2002 04:44 AM

is this Aquarium version 2010?

Jim
is this the end of SereneScreen Aquarium looks like?
the FINAL version of SSA?

http://users.deltanet.com/~jpalmer/s...migalagoon.gif

why do u call it amiga lagoon?

btw, I'm surprised that it has the lionfish in it.......and the clownfish with anemone...and the background is really 3D like...
and that lizard is one of New Zealand's famous life fossil.!!!!!!!!!!

this picture is sooooo cool..:TU:

and the bird on the monitor really alike to the one on Epson's printer solution center......I think that Epson's bird is stupid...haha..I use HP printer now..........hehe

seriously.....what brings u to make this amazing picture?

Jav400 02-27-2002 07:01 AM

Thats the Brilliance artwork that Jim did some time ago. It represents his dream about what he is trying to accomplish. :)

patscarr 02-27-2002 08:45 AM

Does that mean we will be getting some orca in one of the creature packages? :D

Tiny Turtle 02-27-2002 09:52 AM

Don't you know about the Orcas? Just hold down "O" for more than a minute to display them. ;)

/Tiny Tuatara

Jim Sachs 02-27-2002 10:26 AM

James sure likes to use up those bytes.

mybestrose 02-27-2002 12:19 PM

I am new to this and just got the version 1.1 screen saver only a week ago and I am in awe over it. I just love it and can't wait for more.....more........and more !!!!!!! But I do want to know more about the picture above is all about.............is this another screen saver or theme thats available to download????

Lightfeather 02-27-2002 01:55 PM

Jim has more in mind but so far the Aquarium is the only one that has made it from the recesses of his mind to your computer screen.

Some others in mind are:

A butterfly garden.
A terrarium
An aviary

I may have left one out but there are other threads on the topic.

The idea of themes sounds cool. Maybe feldon could whip up a serene screen desktop theme with bubble sounds when launching a new window and fish icons and a high res screenshot of the aquarium for the desktop.

I would use it ^_^

feldon34 02-27-2002 02:38 PM

It's called Amiga Lagoon because, well that is a lagoon up there, and this was done as an advertisement/promo for the Amiga computer. When the ad originally printed, they cut off the fish! Rat b*stards.

I talked to Jim about this Brilliance picture the other day in the chat.

As you can see, the Lionfish, Flame Angel, Starfish, 3 Stripe Damsel, Wimplefish, French Angel, Powder-Blue Tang, Forceps Butterfly and Clownfish are already in there.

He's probably not going to do the Facula Butterfly (the yellow and black pair) because of how it would look on 640x480 (here come the "who cares about 640x480" crowd :) ) but he still wants to do the Bicolor Angel (blue and orange) and Rock Beauty (Yellow with soft black spot).

I hope he does some of the purple sea urchins. :)

The bird on top of the monitor was drawn before Epson made such a thing as a color printer. Do you have any control over how rude you let some of your side comments to become?

Jim Sachs 02-27-2002 02:54 PM

Morgan's pretty much right about all that, but the cutting off of the fish in the original ad was not a sinister plot. It was simply a matter of Digital Creations (the maker of the Brilliance Paint Program), having an opportunity for the back cover of some magazines, and I hadn't done the fish yet.

mybestrose 02-27-2002 03:56 PM

well let me tell you i would love that pic for a wall paper or something its great ,,,,,,,,,,but what else can you expect from someone who does such fantastic work!!!!!!!!!!

mybestrose 02-27-2002 04:04 PM

And what a great idea I would love to see a butterfly garden theme or even just a screen saver!!!!:TU: look forward to some of these other items Jim has in store for us all........:)

mybestrose 02-27-2002 04:08 PM

can someone tell me how I can get the pic of a fish under my name like I see other having??? :hmad: :hmad: :confused:

alphaex32 02-27-2002 04:27 PM

I was admiring the lagoon for a few minutes and thought of something. The underwater setup that you have at the bottom would look incredible as a 3d backround setup for the screensaver (minus the pole in the middle and with the addition of some more corals). Plus, it looks a lot more natural because of the rocks and the z axis depth. Im not sure if you would want the screensaver to look more like a fish tank or a wild reef, so this idea would probably be out, but I still think it would be really cool. And, it seems as if there is tons of room in this environment, so you wouldnt have to limit yourself to smaller fish. Making the screensaver a wild reef rather than a tank could take it to a whole new level. I understand this would be very difficult and a giant leap for you. Hmmm, maybe I shouldve put this into the wishlist topic...

Lightfeather 02-27-2002 04:41 PM

Isn't the bird a toucan?

Tiny Turtle 02-27-2002 04:44 PM

Yes it is, so? :confused:

/Tiny

Jim Sachs 02-27-2002 04:46 PM

sthprk1000 -
No, the Aquarium will remain an Aquarium. I walk a very narrow path with this project -- there's quicksand on all sides. One mis-step and I'm mired in more work than anyone could complete in a lifetime. By limiting my "universe" to a tank roughly the size of your monitor, and faking a great deal, I am able to stay right on the edge of what's possible.

mybestrose 02-27-2002 04:51 PM

we do understand jim really we do .............. I think everyone just thought it was such a cool pic that it would have been nice to see it expanded a little. I did manage to copy and paste it for my background:D

Lightfeather 02-27-2002 04:54 PM

I should have said, "IS the bird a toucan?"

When I said, "Isn't the bird a toucan?" I was just guessing and waiting for confirmation. ^_^

so...

Me: “Is not that bird a toucan?”

Someone: “Why, yes. Indeed it is.”

*buffing nails on shirt* Me: “I thought as much. Big beak and all, you know. Kind of gave it away. Lovely bird. Beautiful plumage.”

mybestrose 02-27-2002 04:59 PM

LOL lightfeather :D

mybestrose 02-27-2002 05:12 PM

can anyone find what I added? thought it was cute lol

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forump...e_desktop3.jpg