Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   .99K Released!! (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213)

feldon34 05-11-2001 02:44 AM

.99K Released!!

Hi guys version K is out
try to download at www.serenescreen.com/Aquarium99K.exe

Lostboy 05-11-2001 04:29 AM

Re: Version K is out

Oh wow, what an update! The Picasso Trigger looks great, the Regal Angel looks great, the Blue Damsel looks great, no duplication is great, windowed always on top is great. But most of all, I love the new sound (and volume of it)!! As always, great job Jim!

Nut110 05-11-2001 07:08 AM

Hi guys why "F" key doesn't work to me ???

Is that any change to "F" key, switch between Full mode and Window mode ????

I run on Windows 2000.

Nut110 05-11-2001 07:14 AM

At first try....

I run it directly. It then runs on Full screen mode. When I check at "Window always on top", the inconsistent capability of "F" key occurs. Sometime I can switch between Full and Window mode, sometime I can't.... When I check it off, inconsistence still...

(*_*!)

I'm trying...
I'm trying...

Nut110 05-11-2001 07:23 AM

Seems that....

Seems that either check or not on "Window always on top" is checked or not before I run SS, once I press "F" key the switching do work. But when I first check or uncheck and "Exit" (automatically saved), "F" key then doesn't function, always in Full screen mode....

Still trying...

feldon34 05-11-2001 07:29 AM

Re: Seems that....

I just want to re-iterate that .99K has 2 great new fish, the Regal Tang is bluer, the Picasso Trigger is nicer, and all the other features described above.

However, until the Password feature works properly under Windows 98, and until the Sleep mode works properly under Windows 2000, Jim has told me repeatedly that he wants to hold the release back.

If he released .99K as it is now, he would get thousands of tech support e-mails and a lot of phone calls as well. So for anyone who grabbed .99K this morning, enjoy it! But be aware that this is NOT the final release and is missing the 2 features above.

P.S. Nut110, I haven't seen this problem. I used Windowed mode extensively with Always on Top checked last night under Win2k.

Nut110 05-11-2001 07:30 AM

Sorry for too many posts...

Now I know.

Previously tried I alway check "Window alway on top" when I'm running in Full screen mode. If I check while I'm running in Window mode, "F" key functions correctly.

This may be the summary...
"First change to "Window alway on top" check box while running in Full screen mode will cause "F" key does not function anymore until "Esc" and restart SS"

feldon34 05-11-2001 07:35 AM

Re: Sorry for too many posts...

Ah, I just tried it and I can confirm this is a bug!!

I never bother to change Always On Top though, I have it always set ON. I'll e-mail Jim about it.

Nut110 05-11-2001 07:46 AM

Because Win2k ???

Feldon ???
did u run on Win2k ???

Nut110 05-11-2001 08:21 AM

Ah ha... Just mentioned that....

0.99K have reached 1 MB...
hmmm..... not only go "ideal" but also go "big"...

V(^_^)V

Jav400 05-11-2001 09:27 AM

Version K is out.

Highlander,

"Official" version releases, when they are ready should be announced by Jim Sachs, or the Site Admin., which in this case is Feldon23. Jim "always" is concerned with having as many options proofed as possible before he releases something, so as not to take chances with other peoples computers.

05-11-2001 09:45 AM

Sound

The Sound is weird like someone peeing in the commode, I like the old one better. This Ver. still works good with the crack too. TY

feldon34 05-11-2001 09:59 AM

Stealing

Andy, if you have no interest in buying the Aquarium, then why are you posting here? Tech support and membership in this forum assumes you have, or plan to buy the Aquarium soon.

.99K does not lock out people who are stealing the software. The next major version will.

By the way, I love the sound, and you can turn it off if you don't want. .99L will have a volume control.

Dave Snotear 05-11-2001 11:20 AM

The rework of the picasso trigger looks great.Also love the damselfish and the new angel.No Problems of any kind.

Dave

05-11-2001 11:29 AM

Re: 99K

Hey, it's great! The Regal Angel is fantastic, and the Picasso Trigger looks much better in this version too. As for the sound, since I've only owned a freshwater tank, I don't really know how bubbles sound in a salt-tank. It sounds good to me, anyway.

Nice update, Jim. Keep up the good work, and thanks. :)

Pyros9 05-11-2001 11:47 AM

Love it ALL! Blue Damsel is great, and the Regal Angel has great coloration.

Andy: I agree with Feldon, if you aren't going to buy, keep your comments and complaints to yourself. :mad:

Jim: Great work as always!

05-11-2001 01:33 PM

AMAZING! Keep Up The Good Work.

05-11-2001 01:44 PM

I dont know if u guys notice this, but i do. A change in FPS.

1) Check the 'Always On Top' Button and i get 110fps.
2) Uncheck the 'Always On Top' Button and i get my old fps that is 85.

did u guys notice the change?

05-11-2001 01:52 PM

regarding above FPS, i only get it when my 'F' key is not working.

is this a bug? it is a very good bug since it increase my FPS.

Socrates 05-11-2001 02:09 PM

Anyone else lose about 25fps?????

I went from 85 average on J to just under 60 in K!!!

I have 256 RAM, Geforce2 MX (32MB), good drivers, dx8, etc.

It feels a little chopier in version K.

So if no one else has this problem, then I guess I have to do a little troubleshooting.

Let me know.

I wonder if it's just cause it's a beta. I suppose I'll probably go back to J until the official release unless someone knows.