Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3 Rumors and Speculation (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3675)

Derrek 02-15-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnblommers
But he shows no signs of burning out :D

I hope not cause we still have the freshwater aquarium, butterfly, and terrarium screen savers to look forward too. :)

Jim Sachs 02-15-2008 08:59 PM

And the Aviary.

jleslie 02-16-2008 10:06 AM

Can't wait for the beta...

Jim Sachs 02-16-2008 10:17 AM

Things have definitely changed since then. If you look at the first post in that thread (slightly over 6 years ago), I had just increased the price of MA1.1 to $21.95. The price of MA2.6 is now $14.95, so a small upgrade charge will be necessary.

debavocet 02-16-2008 02:51 PM

Will the upgrade charge include those of us who bought MA 2.6 at the original price?

Jim Sachs 02-16-2008 03:03 PM

Let's get it done first, then we'll decide on pricing.

cohiba420 02-16-2008 03:33 PM

just BUY it!

Hey... I can understand everyones desire for the free upgrade... but I look at it like upgrading from analog TV to a nice, shiny, well-designed, high end HDTV. I paid for the original MA and the last upgrade as well, but overall, have no problem paying for -what looks like for all intents and purposes- to be a drastically different and far superior product. The only commonalities are the fish and the designer from what I can tell. If I get a discount, fine. But when it really comes down to it, Id be happy to pay for something so nice; something that I know I will enjoy for many more YEARS to come. Worth the price no matter how you slice it. Keep up the great work Jim. Cant wait!!!

johnblommers 02-16-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohiba420
Hey... I can understand everyones desire for the free upgrade... but I look at it like upgrading from analog TV to a nice, shiny, well-designed, high end HDTV.

Everybody on this forum is well-off enough to afford a computer, an internet connection, and from the sound of it, high-end monitors, video cards, and HDTV sets. All of us are able and willing to pay for MA3 directly with no need for an "upgrade path." Yet MA3 is priced low AND there is an upgrade from MA2. I am amazed at Jim's respect for his customers, he leads the pack of software vendors!

wetmonkey 02-16-2008 06:50 PM

For the people who have been around since the pre .99 days as well as everyone who reaped the benefits of the free upgrades to 2.6 that also including time, the ROI on the small investment has been repaid.

I cannot believe people who bicker about this topic. I would rather invest in Jim and provide a revenue stream that allows him to create more for the community rather than milking $20 that has clearly provided enjoyment over 6+ years!

Paying any less or wanting a deal would mean you do not value Jim’s time and the art he has created for what it is worth.

Also for those that make a statement, and then pause.. insert the word “but” and make a second statement, you completely negate your prior statement, making it false and your true belief and though is the latter statement.

This digit fish hobby may be too rich for some taste. In that case, you better get out while you can!!! ;0)

I am a spoken evangelist and truly value Jim's work. I look forward to fully supporting his endeavors in the future!

Thank you Jim for your work.

JEBrady 02-16-2008 07:05 PM

I bought Marine Aquarium when it was Aquarium99F,exe, and still have it. I'm currently upgrading to 2.6. I'll be upgrading again when 3 goes live. I consider it worth every penny. Kudos, Jim. I'm a fan.

Please carry on. :cool:

Jim Sachs 02-16-2008 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You're welcome. Here's another small slice of MA3.

JEBrady 02-16-2008 08:49 PM

Thanks, as a longtime and previously anonyomous fan I am looking forward to the release of 3, and may you have fair winds and following seas in the endeavor.:)

Jim Sachs 02-16-2008 08:54 PM

Don't be so anonymous from now on. :)

patscarr 02-16-2008 10:21 PM

Wow! Jim is throwing those screen shots around like candy from a firetruck in a parade! :)

JEBrady 02-17-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs
Don't be so anonymous from now on. :)

I've broken the ice now. No going back. When I first discovered the MA, it was like, "why hasn't anyone done this before?" It was like the killer app of screensavers. Of course, I'm not a programmer, and had absolutely no clue what was involved in the development of this product. I got something of a clue by reading your posts here over time, and began to realize that this was no simple thing, to put it lightly.

So anyway, I offer my encouragement as you continue to work on 3. I've got a new 20" WS monitor (Christmas present) just waiting for it! :D

Jav400 02-17-2008 09:31 AM

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. :)

Highlander 02-17-2008 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
nice screenshot.... very nice

Post a few more and we all have a nice wallpaper !

Marian Nichols 02-17-2008 11:36 AM

Just would (want) to add my welcome to everyone else. I also was in one (on) the first release of the SS and was 'wowed' then and even more so now. :)

Edit; I must have been half asleep when I posted, look at my mistakes,

Jim Sachs 02-17-2008 12:39 PM

Ha, ha - I hadn't even thought about that new screen-grab nearly matching up with the previous one.

ESHIREY 02-17-2008 12:40 PM

Yes..................... http://www.myspacenow.com/myspace/welcome53.gif to the forum.