Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dual (and triple) head support (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1049)

Jigsaw 09-05-2002 05:10 PM

Dual (and triple) head support

Can anyone tell me if /when we might see dual head support working? I run a matrox G450 and the saver only works on primary monitor. I hope to upgrade sometime soon to the new card with 3 heads, but I'd assume once multihead works it'll work for any (memory permitting)

I'm not worried about widescreen versions, I'm quite happy with two instances of the saver, one on each monitor!

I'd love to have the worlds best screensaver running on my PC, but it needs to be on both monitors!

Cheers,

Gordon

Jim Sachs 09-05-2002 10:28 PM

Will Ware of Prolific is working on this, and hopes to have it ready soon.

Jigsaw 09-06-2002 04:55 AM

Thanks Jim ( for the reply and the software!)

A thought, what are the chances of producing a time line of enhancements, new fish packs etc? I know you'll always get someone saying you said Q1 2003 and it's the 1st April you're late!! On the otherhand some of these threads started two years ago and have hundreds of comments to wade through, and few know if the situation has changed since the comment was posted.

Keep up the good work!!!

Gordon

feldon34 09-06-2002 05:04 AM

Jim is wise not to put out any kind of schedule.

Things always come up. You can't rush art. {insert other philosophical comments here :)}

James 03-23-2003 12:56 AM

Just wondring....
can nVidia's nView duplicate the MA2 on to two monitor? or maybe use its desktop extend feature and use MA widescreen so that the fish can swim between both monitor?

does anyone tried this b4?

I suppose MA2 don't support dual monitor currently, so that we need to use video card's utility function to achieve such feature. correct me if I'm wrong

Garmonbozia 04-13-2003 04:25 PM

I've been wondering about this myself recently. Has there been any new discussion in another thread? Seems like I saw someone had posted a pic of how he did it somewhere...

feldon34 04-13-2003 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by James
Just wondring....
can nVidia's nView duplicate the MA2 on to two monitor?

It would be VERY annoying to have to set your monitor to CLONE every time you want to run the Aquarium.

Quote:

or maybe use its desktop extend feature and use MA widescreen so that the fish can swim between both monitor?
The results of this are pretty wide fish (the Widescreen Aquarium is more suited for this), but it works. The problem is, most of my programs do not like being on a 2048x768 resolution!

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forump...aldisplay3.jpg

Quote:

I suppose MA2 don't support dual monitor currently, so that we need to use video card's utility function to achieve such feature. correct me if I'm wrong
No version of the Aquarium supports dual monitors yet. This is a Microsoft nightmare-and-a-half.

Tiny Turtle 04-14-2003 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by feldon27
It would be VERY annoying to have to set your monitor to CLONE every time you want to run the Aquarium. . .
Perhaps a feasible feature for our resident Frontend Fanatic – Mountain Master? "Dolly mode"
[x] Set nView to Clone
The Q is, Would it be able to reset it upon exit?

Then again, fiddling with nView could be like opening Pandora's box, finding a can full of worms and throw them into a hornet's nest... :)

/Tiny Allegory

feldon34 04-14-2003 11:52 AM

Your desktop icons would reset and all your programs on monitor #2 would get confused and/or crash every time the Aquarium came up.

Tiny Turtle 04-14-2003 12:14 PM

Oh, but of course. My mistake

Mountainmaster 04-14-2003 02:54 PM

Quote:

Your desktop icons would reset and all your programs on monitor #2 would get confused and/or crash every time the Aquarium came up.
Sounds like Pandora's box allright. Nah, I'm not going to fiddle with that. Besides, I don't understand half of what is being said in this thread. Clone? nView came with my driver (4.13.01.3082), but I couldn't find that in its settings...

feldon34 04-14-2003 04:09 PM

MM,

TwinView doesn't come up unless you have TV out or 2 VGA ports.

James 04-15-2003 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just test the Wild SSA on fr's dual head,
without having any troible nView setting changes,
the SSA launchs it self across the two screens

I guess if there's a version which has the background that supports the width of 2048,
the result will be very good....
so just release a version has 2048W background and there's no need to tweak the dual head support,
the nView does it for u automatically

PS. my fr is using LCD monitor, shoot in a dark room

feldon34 04-15-2003 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by James
I just test the Wild SSA on fr's dual head,
without having any troible nView setting changes,
the SSA launchs it self across the two screens

Define "not having trouble".

If you consider operating Windows with a 2048x768 resolution to be "normal", the spanning doesn't work well with all applications. and full-screen DOS programs die or bring down the machine.

Quote:

so just release a version has 2048W background
You make 2 months of extra effort (which would go in the trash as soon as the 3D version is done anyway) sound so easy... :)

kona001 04-18-2003 01:12 AM

I did the same thing with the nview settings. it works without a problem. When you move the mouse, it goes back to a normal dual desktop.

kona001 04-18-2003 01:15 AM

Having the fish swim between two monitors makes the effect even more realistic.

Socrates 04-18-2003 12:54 PM

Jame's picture is cool.

Now I am going to have to drag an extra monitor downstairs and play around.

feldon34 04-18-2003 01:13 PM

Again, it precludes you from using any full-screen DOS apps and a few other apps won't work properly either. 2048x768 confuses a lot of programs.

BigScreen 04-18-2003 07:09 PM

Matrox's drivers actually take into account that some programs really want to center their dialogs on the screen, and if you have your desktop stretched across two monitors, the dialog can land right in the middle.

There is a setting in PowerDesk that lets you specify where you want to see centered dialogs (centered on first monitor). For those with Matrox cards that want to try this, make sure to check those settings out.

albert 04-21-2003 07:45 AM

What is the status of dual head, wide screen support. I read this thread but confused as to the status due to the dates people posted? Is it available today in the product or only in a beta version? Will it work in dual head mode at a high resolution such as 3200 x 1200 (i.e. 2 monitors set at 1600x1200). Thanks!