Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are you most looking forward to? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772)

Lightfeather 04-11-2002 03:15 PM

What are you most looking forward to?

I am just curious as to what people are anticipating the most ^_^

Tiny Turtle 04-11-2002 03:37 PM

I went with 3D background, but if there was to be a snapping turtle guy in the terrarium I might be persuaded to change my opinion...

/Tiny Turtle (He's getting less tiny by the hour...)

feldon34 04-11-2002 06:41 PM

The Wide beta version is available to people who ask for it.

SunKing 04-11-2002 07:54 PM

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in my anticipation of the 3D background. :)

James 04-12-2002 12:00 AM

Well....I vote for Butterfly garden.......
it seems most of ppl still like the 3D background very very much....
why is that?
is the 3D background has this much attraction?
mmmm......(thinking deeply)

Lostboy 04-12-2002 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by James
Well....I vote for Butterfly garden.......
it seems most of ppl still like the 3D background very very much....
why is that?
is the 3D background has this much attraction?
mmmm......(thinking deeply)

For me, I voted for the 3D background. When that’s done I’ll feel the screensaver’s more complete. Every time I showed the aquarium to someone new, I always wished it had a 3D background. To me, the aquarium looks so good, but then the 2D background just doesn’t seem to fit in with the great looking fish. But the only reason I didn’t vote for the other screensavers is because they’re so far from being done, that I’m not thinking about them much. But since the fresh water aquarium will be done next, it will be nice for a difference.

Jav400 04-12-2002 07:18 AM

Hmmmm, The creature packs with all the specialty fish was left out of this poll. It might have some bearing on the results also. Personally, I also voted for the 3D background, but I would love to see the Zebra Moray Eel, Octopus, Mandarin Gobi, and so on...........( Along with the 3D background of course:) )

drfish 04-12-2002 07:50 AM

3D background for me too, the 2D one just does't hold up to the rest of the program. Of course I want the creature packs too. :)

I'd have gone with the Freshwater one, but from what we're learning about it I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as the saltwater when all is said and done.

We'll see though, Jim seems to be a pretty talented guy. ;)

Lightfeather 04-12-2002 02:28 PM

Oops! I forgot the creature pack! (I wonder if I can add it after the fact...)

Jav400 04-12-2002 07:41 PM

Lightfeather,

I edited it for you. I started to make it separate from the 3D background, but you have to have the first part to be able to have the second. So Ijust added it in the same line.:)

Jim Sachs 04-14-2002 09:10 AM

The results are about what I anticipated. However, they don't change the order that I must work on these things. The 3D background is a free gift to all registered users, so we don't make any money on that one. In order to have the SereneScreen products carried by major store chains, we must have a second product. The quickest way of doing this is to create a freshwater aquarium which uses most of the same algorithms as the saltwater version.

ESHIREY 04-14-2002 09:31 AM

Cool .......... Is it done yet ? :D Just being a smart a-- . Well you can count on me buying it .

Lightfeather 04-14-2002 12:56 PM

I am going to buy everything Jim makes. I love collecting complete sets of things. Eventually I want an autographed copy of all the retail stuff ^_~

*Light's just dreamin'. Dreeeeeeam. Dream dream dream.*

Tiny Turtle 04-14-2002 02:33 PM

You too? I'm into complete sets so bad that when I buy the sambal steak sauce and perhaps the garlic flavour too I end up with BBQ, ziguener and three more flavours just to get the complete set... :rolleyes:

/Tiny Spice

IXNAY 04-15-2002 04:24 AM

Jim, please work all day and night, I need some new stuff :D

1st - 3D Backround & Creaturepacks
2nd - Freshwater Aquarium
3rd - Terrarium

I don't like the idea of a butterflygarden, but it's your choice.

drfish 04-15-2002 09:34 AM

Quote:

The 3D background is a free gift to all registered users, so we don't make any money on that one.
It's a free gift yes, but necessary for the creature packs, correct? And you will make money from those... I know everyone here will buy them, are they not expected to produce much profit?

Jav400 04-15-2002 10:40 AM

I think it's basically turning out to be a chicken and egg type deal. From what I understand, some of the major retailers require at least 2 titles from a creator before they will carry any of your products. So at this point Jim has to make a deceision about which has to come first, another title, which he can use the existing format to complete and be able to fully market both, or the background and creature packs which leaves him without part of the market covered on either.

EVERRET 04-15-2002 02:03 PM

TWO PRODUCTS

Maybe you could just make a 19.99 version and a 39.99 version of the existing aquarium, would this be two products or would it still just count as one?

nicksteel 04-15-2002 02:10 PM

I was really looking forward to the 3D background, even more than the lionfish or creatures. I will remain a fan regardless of the route taken, but will be disappointed if the background falls by the wayside. The quality of the fish demands an equally outstanding setting.

Jav400 04-15-2002 02:12 PM

EVERRET,

If I'm not mistaken, I think it has to be 2 separate distinct titles. Not a continuation of the same one.

nicksteel,

It won't be left out, Jim has always planned to do it. Unfortunately, he also has to abide by the rules that others lay on him that he wasn't expecting.