Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Screensaver 2.01 resetting wallpaper (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2284)

NotNoisy 03-11-2004 02:53 PM

Screensaver 2.01 resetting wallpaper

Hi,

I love this screensaver, so I bought the upgrade. I still haven't been able to run the screensaver without some sort of problem, although I used to have an Nvidia based card which probably was the cause of most problems.

This version runs without hangs, and with a great framerate, on a Matrox Parhelia. However, I loose my wallpaper after the screensaver has run. What could be the cause, or more importantly - how do I avoid this happening?

Nina

feldon34 03-11-2004 10:44 PM

What version of Windows?

skypx 03-11-2004 11:53 PM

Re: Screensaver 2.01 resetting wallpaper

Quote:

Originally posted by NotNoisy
Hi,

I love this screensaver, so I bought the upgrade. I still haven't been able to run the screensaver without some sort of problem, although I used to have an Nvidia based card which probably was the cause of most problems.

This version runs without hangs, and with a great framerate, on a Matrox Parhelia. However, I loose my wallpaper after the screensaver has run. What could be the cause, or more importantly - how do I avoid this happening?

Nina

I am not experiencing the issue you described but I am surprised nobody noticed that the screen saver resets window sizes. After resetting it twice I gave up and uninstalled it. Hopefully a fix will be released soon.

http://webpages.charter.net/manderson001/window.jpg

NotNoisy 03-12-2004 12:59 AM

Hei Feldon

Win XP servicepack1

Edgar 03-12-2004 01:22 AM

NotNoisy and skypx,

What monitor settings were you running the ScreenSaver?
Resolution and Color bit?

Thanks,

NotNoisy 03-12-2004 01:30 AM

1600x1200 32bit color

skypx 03-12-2004 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Edgar
NotNoisy and skypx,

What monitor settings were you running the ScreenSaver?
Resolution and Color bit?

Thanks,

1280x1024 32bit

NotNoisy 03-12-2004 11:11 AM

I discovered:

If I do not password protect on resume, the wallpaper is still there after the screen saver has been active.

It seems to be only if I configure the computer to be logged on after the screen saver starts that it removes the wallpaper.

I hope htis helps in finding the problem.

Nina

klyntun 03-12-2004 07:59 PM

I remember reading long ago something about MA and 32 bit color (as in it isn't supported or something like that). Am I delerious?

feldon34 03-12-2004 08:56 PM

Long time ago. 32-bit has been supported since 2.0.

NotNoisy 03-13-2004 03:18 AM

Well... setting the color 16bit solved the problem here..... I don't believe it :confused: looks like MA isn't stable on 32 bit...

NotNoisy 03-13-2004 04:44 AM

I should add more information.

The screen saver I have installed was downloaded from this link:

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...?threadid=2269

When I have 32 bit color set the screen will go black for a second when exiting the screen saver, before showing the desktop or logon dialoge box. Maybe it's resetting something?

When I have 16 bit color set the screen saver exits without the screen going black, going straight to the desktop or log on dialoge box, depending on wether I have password on resume set or not.

I hope this helps in finding a resolution.

Edgar 03-13-2004 09:24 AM

It is stable at 32bit. It seems that your desktop is set at 16bit. If the screensaver is set to run at the same resolution as the desktop, the screensaver doesn't need to change the resolution, so it would feel seemless.

I made a change in the code that might help your bug since I can't reproduce it here.

It won't be donwloadable until we test this version and fix one more open bug.

skypx 03-13-2004 10:05 AM

Quote:

It is stable at 32bit. It seems that your desktop is set at 16bit. If the screensaver is set to run at the same resolution as the desktop, the screensaver doesn't need to change the resolution, so it would feel seemless.

I made a change in the code that might help your bug since I can't reproduce it here.

Thank you! I'm willing to help test the new version! :D

NotNoisy 03-13-2004 10:14 AM

Quote:

It seems that your desktop is set at 16bit.
It was the desktop settings I changed. I didn't notice I should set the screen saver to run at a specific color bit mode..... me bad :dunce:

skypx 03-17-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

Edgar, just wondering how the new build is coming along and to remind you I am willing to beta test if needed. Thanks. :)

Schnaaps 03-17-2004 03:47 PM

skypx: We are working on it and will let you know when there is something for you to test. You are welcome to remind me once in a while, however I assure you that Reichart, JimSachs and few others are constantly "reminding" me as well... :-)

skypx 03-17-2004 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Schnaaps
skypx: We are working on it and will let you know when there is something for you to test. You are welcome to remind me once in a while, however I assure you that Reichart, JimSachs and few others are constantly "reminding" me as well... :-)
Cool!! Thanks for the update. :)