Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   FlagPride (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Flags of the World RELEASED (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1776)

taiwan 07-10-2003 09:45 AM

flags of the world

Flags of the World has been released.
Very nice, I might add, but has been slowing my clock down.

patscarr 07-13-2003 10:35 PM

Uh, shouldn't the United States of America flag be here?

Socrates 07-13-2003 11:32 PM

From the site:
"Flags of the World does not include Flags of North America"

Panthera 07-14-2003 12:17 AM

Also from the site:

"We have applied our hyper-realistic 3D technology to flags. Now, let your computer monitor proudly wave your favorite flags or a random selection. From Finland to Chile; United States to Uzbekistan; Albania to Zimbabwe. Fly the flag of each nation of the world. "

feldon34 07-14-2003 09:43 AM

It's not particularly complicated, folks.

You get Flags of the NATIONS of the World.

This includes the USA flag, the Mexico flag, the Canada flag.

It does not include flags for provinces, territories, or states from ANY country including the USA.

The flags are even broken up into continents/areas and you can load your own pictures for flags. So if you want to have your state/province/territory flag, you can load it up that way.

Reichart 10-10-2003 09:04 AM

New Flags coming.

We are about to make some new changes to Flags of the World.
This is fun product, that over time we plan to make do more and more things.

Our next step is going to be to simply the program so the demo is very small, and new flags can be downloaded (automatically) from the website. Pun intended…this is our Flagship feature that will be migrated to many of our other product. Features will just appear in the product.

Our products tend to be asset intensive (for downloadable products). We like to keep each download session to under about 1 meg. But this has not been possible with all the textures for Fish, Plants, Flags, etc.

We will roll this out with flags, and in addition, we will be combining all the flags into one product. All people that purchased any of the separate products previously will be entitled to a free copy of the combined version.

The rending and collision engine is being improved, and the realism should be improved dramatically.

We do not have a release date for this, but it is being worked on now.

taiwan 10-15-2003 03:52 AM

Great news! Keep up the good work guys! :TU:
Randy A
Taiwan

bugsymcd24 03-20-2004 08:44 AM

suggestion..

Would it be possible, to be able to diplay, as with normal pole displays here in the state, the national flag with the state or other flag displayed under it?

also please add a feature to turn off the fade out when only one flag is displayed and not cycling through other flags...this is very anoying..IMHO

feldon34 03-20-2004 10:13 AM

Good suggestions. I like the USA flag and State flag. And to be accurate, in Texas, we can fly the state flag higher than the USA flag (not that many people do).

As for the fading, as I'm sure you know, you can increase the interval to at least 6 minutes.

Reichart 03-20-2004 06:33 PM

Actually, you can do anything you want to an American flag. They rules that govern flag usge are just that....rules.

burn it, fly it upside down. Blah blah blah.

no on eis going to put you in jail, but lots of people will get bent out of shape.

bugsymcd24 03-21-2004 09:08 AM

how about possibly adding a few more pole 2 - 3 or so or an option to add more.. so a display of state, national and another, or a mutiple of nations...or sprot teams..etc...

Reichart 03-21-2004 12:16 PM

We do plan to do an "update" pass at both the product, and the site.

We are going to push its cool feature which allows photos to be put on flags.

And yes, 3 poles has been near the top of the list, so we will probably do it. Although, keep in mind, it might run 3 times slower on some systems.

taiwan 03-21-2004 05:00 PM

photos

Not sure what you mean...we can already put photos on flags.
Randy
Taiwan

Reichart 03-21-2004 08:38 PM

What I mean is that the feature is there, but few people know the feature is there.

We want to push the product as a Photo Flag product, not a flag product that happens to show photos.

It is all about marketing.

bugsymcd24 03-22-2004 04:19 AM

works for me, i love playing with the photo part to see what looks cool as a flag....LOL

sunny 03-22-2004 07:52 PM

Re: suggestion..

Quote:

Originally posted by bugsymcd24
also please add a feature to turn off the fade out when only one flag is displayed and not cycling through other flags...this is very anoying..IMHO
as for me,i would like to prefer an animation on bringing down the flag then put up a new one up effect rather than fade in and out...the current one is not realistic...

Reichart 03-22-2004 08:18 PM

As to the flag up and down, we need to blank the screen every once in a while, so think of it as a the lights being turned off, and while no one is looking, someone puts up another flag.

sunny 03-22-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reichart
As to the flag up and down, we need to blank the screen every once in a while, so think of it as a the lights being turned off, and while no one is looking, someone puts up another flag.
what i mean here is actually not to blank out the screen completely, just leave the pole and the background on while flags going up and down...

Quote:

As to vandalism...............yes. But, it is also expression. Digital expression. So is it real if it is digital. No one is hurt, and people would do it to show off for their friends. Perhaps sad, but better than doing it for real.
aren't this against the flagpride theme "show your patriotism".
do you show off your patriotism by burning the flags?
although its in digital works and fun to watch, i don't like the sound of it:(

Reichart 03-22-2004 11:54 PM

1. Q: what i mean here is actually not to blank out the screen completely, just leave the pole and the background on while flags going up and down...

A: Yes, I understood.

feldon34 03-31-2004 12:24 AM

Political discussion moved here:
http://feldoncentral.com/forums/show...&threadid=2326