Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Aquarium user gender (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743)

James 04-01-2002 06:09 PM

Aquarium user gender

In Taiwan, there are also some similar software like SereneScreen Aquarium, virtual pets, digital animals etc,
I found that most of the companies which develope those type of software/game are usually target to female customer then male,
in Taiwan market, female customer tends to buy those peaceful software/game, that explains why the VR Aquarium is able to add some little cute thing in the tank in order to attract the female customer.

Now I wonder how many female and male user for SereneScreen Aquarium? that's why I post this poll here, of coz u can remain anonymous by just vote it or u can vote and reply below to tell us ur identity(this would be more interactive :))..:P

I know there are some ppl who share the account name in this forum(ie. one convey the idea, one translate it into English :))
so there's another option "Other"

camorgan 04-02-2002 08:19 AM

I think that this poll will be slanted however as there are likely more male forum users than females which will skew your results.

grape_jellyfish 04-02-2002 11:04 AM

My goodness :) I know that lightfeather is female, as I am, so I wonder if she is the other one who voted, a grand total of 2 so far being female.

Lightfeather 04-02-2002 12:22 PM

Other...

I was THIS close *holds forefinger and thumb a millimeter apart* this close I tell you *shakes fingers* to checking "other". I wonder if anyone will ^_^ (I checked female of course.)

You know, when I voted, it said two for me too. I wonder if it will always just say two.

Jav400 04-02-2002 01:42 PM

LOL @ Lightfeather, I was going to ask just what "other" was supposed to represent. :)

feldon34 04-02-2002 02:00 PM

Androgynous :)

camorgan 04-02-2002 04:28 PM

transgendered

James 04-02-2002 05:31 PM

camorgan
Surprisingly, the result is totally slanted, although I also felt that more male forum users here than female b4 I post this poll, but I never expect the result like this.
I think I have some idea of explanation of this kind of result,
let's wait for some more days,
and of coz, the poll here is never accurate since not every registered user participant the poll

grape_jellyfish and Lightfeather
it seems u two r really the only female user here up to now, how precious:p
in Chinese we call those preciours girl "Pearls on the palm"
hummmm.....we should be very kind to u two next time when replying ur post...to show our gentlemanlike manner:cool:

btw,Lightfeather, do u mean the result still shows "two" after u made ur vote? so it should be three?

Morgan
Quote:

Androgynous
LOLSH (LOL so hard)
u r too funny :D:D:D
I doubted is there any Androgynous user on the forum?
but I'm sure there r androgynous fishes out there(this is true),
maybe Jim could create one in the future...:D

camorgan 04-03-2002 11:32 AM

James:

I think the slanting is probably mostly attributable to more males spending time on computers than female.

Enigma 04-03-2002 11:49 AM

Just an observation..

We sell the retail version of the screen saver in our store. Most of the people that buy the boxed version are female. We have it up and running on a notebook by our sales counter, and as soon as they see it running, they have to have a copy.

About half of the internet orders we get are from females.

The funny part is, when people call us for tech support for the screen saver, most of the ones that call are guys.

Go figure.

Tiny Turtle 04-03-2002 01:18 PM

Enigma, just noticed your sig. – Good one!

/Tiny Remark

Ralph 04-03-2002 04:20 PM

I would say the results are slanted because women are just glad it (SS)works, the "why" and "how" is not important. The men on the other hand come here to see if there are any tweaks or things that can be adjusted. Sure it is working but, just maybe, there is something that someone else has figured out that we can build on. It's a my FPS is bigger (faster) than your FPS thing.
Ralph

Tiny Turtle 04-03-2002 04:39 PM

Before we all start reading too much into this poll, perhaps a minor check on the number of votes. When I'm writing this, it's at a whopping 39. Given that there are thousands (20k+? – not counting the Ms Plus people) of registered users the poll simply reflects the guy/girl ratio within the FanForum regulars. I'm not saying that can't be interesting, just not that it's an accurate reflection on the entire user base.

Remember: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics" (Mark Twain)

/Tiny

valeryan 04-03-2002 07:21 PM

Wow! I know Where not to come to look for a date.

grape_jellyfish 04-03-2002 07:47 PM

I see what you mean...oh the possibilities. :)

patscarr 04-04-2002 08:01 AM

The females buying the SS must be buying it as a gift for their geeky, computer nerd boyfriends. Once the guys get their hands on it and it just blows their minds, they have to learn more, so they join the forum. Apparently there are only 3 geeky, computer nerd gals that have nice boyfriends who buy them gifts. hehehe :)

feldon34 04-04-2002 11:08 AM

patscarr,

Doesn't work that way. :)

James 04-04-2002 12:37 PM

Well........
the result is clearly unbalanced
and camorgan, Enigma, Ralph, Tiny and Patrick have pretty much said about my idea on the result....:)

Well Morgan.....why doesn't it work that way?
one of my female fr did that to her boyfriend :)
very sweet eh?

Lightfeather 04-04-2002 02:33 PM

Call me nerd chick...

I have always been the web head in my household.

When I get an interest in something I know I can find out so much about it online. I can find out what people like about it, what they hate and if something spurs me I respond.

I just love pretty things, (it's that girl thing you know...), so when I downloaded SS, I ordered it online and am just thrilled with it.

I have it up advertised up on my dorky web page and there is a googlie Eyed link on my Elfwood Art page. Looks like this --->o_O

http://www.lightfeather.net

Tiny Turtle 04-04-2002 04:58 PM

Nicole, why don't you put a link to the Nest from that Lightfeather signature in your posts?

Somebody set up us the bomb. =)

/Calle