View Single Post
Old 05-12-2002, 05:52 PM   #46
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
James, which is why pathnames on Windows 95, 98, 2000, and XP should always have quote (") marks around them.
Morgan

Thanks for ur remind, but I don't qute get what u mean, what's the quote (") marks for? is it used to indicating the absolute path or does it act like a flag which tells the OS to parse it into short name when ever OS is accessing the path?

Mountainmaster
Very nice, but I found a little problem, it is not a bug but just a level of design that developer didn't considered.
When saving the setting, u only saved 7 fish choice in the registry but u didn't save the choice of the position of the starfish, I suggest u can save the choice of starfish position as letters in ur own registry place (Tank1 is an example of saved name)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SerenePicker\Tank1]
"StarFishPosReg"="e.reg"

so now u got it saved and when applying it to the SSA, u eventually apply the value in e.reg to the StarFishPos in SSA, futhermore, when the user selected a saved setting, then wish to change the starfish postion, once starfish position selection window pops up, I wish I can see the starfish icon stick on the position which is according to the previours seting, so this gives the user better idea on what's starfish's postion in this particular setting.

Call me a perfection, I would to fine tune the interface for better looking, if u like, take my suggestion or just level it
I like the pop up window for starfish postion with no fish around, that'll be more realistic looking, and the starfish icon is actually a smaller size of the apperance of the starfish, not just a hand drew icon. In addition, if some one doesn't like the starfish, ur program can just make the starfish disappers by setting its position to
ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff dc 0c fd bf
and make another button or radio box and label as "No Starfish" or "Starfish Off" which does this, so u also need one more registry file

here's my attachment for u if u want to take my suggestion:
the starfish at the bottom is for u the to shrink it down as a icon
I make the starfish in the white area below for u to easy to select in ur image processing application (just use the magic wand to select the white area and invert the selection.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attach.jpg (120.4 KB, 472 views)
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com

Last edited by James; 05-12-2002 at 05:56 PM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote