View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 08:03 AM   #212
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Thumbs Down Re: Password problem not solved!

Originally posted by DeltaLima
The problem with the password being bypassed by another program is not solved. When the aquarium is running and I receive an email notification with GroupWise Notify, the aquarium goes on the task bar and I have complete access to the computer. I still can hear the bubble sound and I see the aquarium button in the task bar. Of course, if I press the button, the aquarium comes back.
A similar thing was happening to me on my Windows ME system. I finally found another program that fixes this. It is called Hack-It v4.01. This program enables you to manipulate the functions of ANY program window. I set aquarium.scr up as an automatic function in Hack-It with the following settings: maximize, topmost, visible, and real-time.

I've tested this with a email collecting program running in the background, and everything works fine....the background program collects email and the aquarium screensaver stays up and running. I tested this leaving my computer on over a 72 hour period and there were no problems whatsoever!

Hack-It comes in a freeware version that you load and set manually everytime you reboot Windows (homesite is www.headius.com, or it can also be downloaded from www.zdnet.com). Or you can purchase the Pro version for a small fee where the settings are always saved.

I'll be interested in hearing whether this program works for others.
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote