View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 01:07 PM   #217
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Re: Password problem not solved!

Originally posted by DeltaLima
The problem with the password being bypassed by another program is not solved. When the aquarium is running and I receive an email notification with GroupWise Notify, the aquarium goes on the task bar and I have complete access to the computer. I still can hear the bubble sound and I see the aquarium button in the task bar. Of course, if I press the button, the aquarium comes back.

For this reason I still can't use it because I leave my desktop often and need better security.
I just tested here at work on my Windows98 SE computer a similar application to GroupWise Notify,...Lotus Notes Minder. Just like you, when the aquarium is running and I get an email notification message from Lotus Notes Minder, the aquarium goes on the task bar with the bubble sounds still running. I used the program Hack-It (that I mentioned a few messages back) and set an automatic function up defining the Lotus Notes Minder window to be a window on the bottom, instead of its programmed default of being topmost. I tested it again and the aquarium now stays running (and doesn't go to the taskbar) when I get an email notification in the background.

I believe Hack-It will fix your problem and now you'll be able to use SereneScreen with password security correctly. Let me know if this works or if you need any help getting Hack-It to work with GroupWise Notify.
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote