View Single Post
Old 10-14-2001, 06:59 AM   #1
BladeRunner
Registered

More on the Banding, Jim / Feldon Check in please

Ok I tried to save this in a smaller format as a link image but it always added some other form of image degridation. The pic is therefore a link to a 2.2mb bitmap image of the banding I see in the background. (it's 660Kb zipped). I hope the banding is visable to you in the image as I could beat my other half to death when she says she can't see it!. Maybe the banding is just in my eyeballs

<a href="http://www.zytec.worldonline.co.uk/files/banding1.zip"></a>

I'm currently using this system.

Athlon T-bird 1000Mhz @ 1596Mhz (11 x 145) Water-Cooled
Abit KT7-A Raid (water-cooled Chipset)
256mb Mushkin PC133
5x Maxtor 45+ 15.3 gig 4x in a Raid 0/1 (1x for MP3) soon to be water-cooled
Asus v8200 Geforce3 Deluxe (260/560) Water-cooled GPU & Ram
Soundblaster Live
Iiyama VM Pro 451
Enermax 530Watt PSU (soon to be water-cooled)
Win 2k DirectX 8.0, nVidia detonator 21.83

This bannding has been present since the first version of the aquarium I had over a year ago. My system has changed completely since then more than once, it was a Pentium based set-up back then. The only things that remain the same or similar are :-

1. SB live
2. All graphics cards have been Geforce based, Asus GF2 GTS, Asus GF3 Deluxe, (2 of them), and also 2x nVidia reference GF3's
3. Two monitors, one a 17" Mitsubish NF the current Iiyama 19" also (Diamondtron NF tube).
4. It's nothing to do with the overclocking or water-cooling, (all recent, tried at default), fsaa is disabled.
5. Win 98SE, Me & 2000 all tried.

I couldn't tell you off hand how many drivers I've tried in that time but this banding has been present with all of them, (over 20).

Like I said before I will soon be getting a Radeon 8500 which if this banding is still present points to it not being a graphics hardware / driver issue. I hope this might help in finding the problem, and if anyone else sees this background banding on their system post with details of any matching hardware.

Stealth Cooling Project

BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote