View Single Post
Old 07-20-2002, 12:30 AM   #37
bear73
Registered

Originally posted by NotNoisy
What makes me really curious to know, is how come the same driver version will perform so completely different on otherwise similar systems.

Same videocard, same OS same directX version - and still the the driver that crashes one system is rock solid on the next....

It's easy to think the MB or prosessor wouldn't directly have any influence on how a video driver is managing it's video card...?
The mobo has SUPREME influance over the operation of your system. Any Mobo using a VIA chipset in the past would have the most problems (nowadays VIA is a good supplier) Also, the mobo manufacturer is a major influence of the stability of your system and influences how well an add-in card will play with your system. A few years back I had 4 SOYO boards that had issues with a sound card, video card, and SCSI card. Went with ASUS after convincing the vendor to refund my money on the SOYO and bought the ASUS. No problems from the word GO, and still no problems today. machine now does duty as a dedicated server.
bear73 is offline   Reply With Quote