View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 11:15 AM   #77
cjmaddy
Registered

diverslung,
It's now my turn to not understand fully your explanation.
(Perhaps I'm thick, - and they do say that a LITTLE knowledge can be dangerous)

Like you, I also use Win98SE, so I will try to detail my exact settings. (This may help you, it may not!)
Please do not take offence if I state the obvious, I'm just trying to help you get to the bottom of this, and I assume that I may not be writing this in your home tongue.

In Display Properties/Settings I have Screen area set to 1024 by 768 pixels, and Colors to True Color (32bit)
For the 'Normal' SSA, the Resolution in Aquarium Settings is set to Desktop Resolution.
For the 'Widescreen' SSA the Resolution in Aquarium Settings is set to 1280 x 720
(Aquarium Settings is obtained by pressing Spacebar whilst the relevant SSA is running.)

With the Widescreen SSA running I adjust the monitor's vertical size (in the Sony on-screen menu) until the proportions are correct, and there is an equal black area at both the top and bottom of the screen. I 'OK' this by switching off the menu. I then press Esc, to leave SSA. My system is still working at it's normal 1024 x 768 full screen. If I now re-launch the Wide SSA, the monitor has remembered the 'Wide' settings. Likewise if I start the normal SSA, the screen stays at 1024 x 768 full screen.

I currently use a GeForce2 MX400, but in the past I had an ATI Rage Fury. I don't think it would have affected this!