View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 12:13 PM   #11
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The Lionfish/3-Stripe Damsel problem?

The widescreen problem? Anyone can get this from Morgan.
We're up to Widescreen 1.1.6 as far as test versions. We reported to Reichart in October (he no longer uses the beta test forum, all communications about betas are private e-mails to him so it's impossible for me to track what's going on) that there were some issues with manually picking the Lionfish and/or 3-Stripe Damsel vs leaving everything on random. To this day, there's still no fix that I know of. I just got 1.1.7, the dual monitor version, from Reichart almost 2 weeks ago but it does not work on my system nor does it work on someone else's who e-mailed me about it. It might fix the Lionfish/3-Stripe selection bug but I can't use it.

It really seems like someone at Prolific is being given a tiny slice of time each week to try to dedicate to the Aquarium and then go back to all their other tasks. And I'm sure that it takes them a few minutes to figure out what they did last week, then start coding, then try to test it, then get swept up in everything else.

And I really disagree with the idea of everything now being handled by private e-mail. I've always thought that a beta forum where each bug gets its own topic and then people reply to those topics is the best because all the information and diagnostic info about that bug is in one place. But this is how they're doing it.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote