View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 07:41 AM   #94
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Morgan,
of course you shouldn't take my comments on the smilies personally – IMHO (and note that's just My) humble opinion), smilies should be used for emphasizing an emotion normally hard to convey through written text (i.e. put a next to something ironic in order for it to not be taken literally). Used in that way, I don't think all smilies are tacky (especially not the "boring" yellow ones).

That Tiny Texan ( ) immediately made me think of you being a (less tiny) Texan, so of course you should use it if you think there's a good place for it. Also, cowboy, argue, artist, drooling and cheer appear to have a little to much space beneath 'em, right now they're hovering a bit above the rest of the line.

Sure we talk about pirating, argue over stuff, mention things that go down the tube and refer to the artist sometimes known as James D. Sachs, but how do you use a smiley like the ? "I think you to shoud stop arguing now " or what? To me (again, note the *me* part) posts look all cluttered up with fifteen blinking smilies jumping all over a post.

I thought it was beer. Never drank Guinness?
Sure I drink Guinness – I'll change my point to "– What am I to use this for? Random Guinness references?"

/Calle
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote