View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 12:01 AM   #19
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Everything under "Prolific's contributions to the Marine Aquarium, namely:" was written/created 100% by Prolific.

The way it's been described to me (I admit I am extrapolating a LOT from it which may be inaccurate) is that there are now a set of behavior modules available to Jim, including 'tank region affinity' and 'fish speed'.

Plus there is the ability to write many more behavior modules even for just 1 fish (for instance the Percula Clownfish 'wiggle') or things that we haven't even thought of yet.

The tank region affinity settings would allow regions of the tank to be marked as 'preferable' to the fish and other regions to be marked as 'not preferable'. With such a module, making certain fish bottom-feeders or making a percula clown rarely stray from its anemone (even so far as assigning different anemones to different clownfishes) would be possible without months of work.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote