View Single Post
Old 05-27-2003, 02:55 AM   #1
alindsay55661
Registered

Why no active desktop support?

I read in your FAQ that Jim discourages active desktop support. Why is that? I have been searching dilligently for a program to run this screen saver on my desktop (Windows XP) and finally found one but it only works with my other screen savers. I am dying to get these fish on my working desktop space because they calm me down so much.

I have used the other fish screensaver (AquaReal) found at http://www.digifish.us which offers an active desktop mode, but it just doesn't come close to Jim's awesomely realistic fish. (By the way I live in Hawaii and just went snorkeling today- saw a few of the fish up close and they look the same. Great job!)

Anyway, I was hoping that Marine Aquarium would offer the active desktop support. That seems to me like a reasonable feature. I am finally jealous of all my friends with Macs! Why is this idea discouraged for the PC? The AquaReal saver looks so trashy next to Jim's Marine Aquarium. It will never work for me. I need the Marine Aquarium on my desktop.
alindsay55661 is offline   Reply With Quote