View Single Post
Old 08-08-2001, 07:54 PM   #11
Coelacanth
Thought to be Extinct

Re: Starfish movement -- an alternative view

"Not sure why there is a separate topic here about the same exact issues."
Uh...That was not the topic of this thread. It was brought up by asprague within this thread, but it was definitely not the topic of it.

I'm not trying to offend, but I really think that sometimes you're a bit too "anal" about redundancy around here. Face it, this is a forum about one little program, and that program happens to be an aquarium screensaver, not 3D Studio Max or even anything as deep as Microsoft Access. Therefore, it's a pretty narrow topic. Some things are going to be repeated. It's inevitable. As long as there aren't two or three threads about the "same exact" topic (and incidentally, that phrase itself is a redundancy), then I don't see the big deal.

Also by the way, you missed the point. No one said anything about wireframe mode. I believe asprague was saying that the magic was spoiled simply due to the description of how the starfish gets up on the glass (e.g., IF foreground light level=0 THEN draw starfish on glass). Yes, wireframe mode further strips the aura of reality away, but your comment, "If you don't want the magic ruined, don't use wireframe mode" does not fit. No one was using wireframe mode anyway, as far as the posts indicate. Moosehunter's description of the criterion of zero foreground light was enough for asprague to feel that the magic had been stripped away.

Coelacanth is offline   Reply With Quote