View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004, 06:45 AM   #13
Steve Pendleton
Registered

Jim,
I'm now pretty sure that the screensaver is not the cause of my problems.

I got more freezes last night whilst playing DVD's so I decided to do a clean install back to 10.3.4.

Whist checking all my apps launched okay under 10.3.4 I launched Marine Aquarium.app in a window. I hit the F key to enter fullscreen mode but when I hit it again to exit it reverted to a window and then my machine froze. The cursor still moved then it changed to a spinning cursor before changing back to a pointer again. The bubble sound had also stopped but it started again for about 3 seconds before stopping again. Only a forced restart got me out of the situation.

As I was running repairs etc on the hard drive I realised that all but one of the freezes have been when the apps have been displaying images in fullscreen mode, I now believe that this is where the problem lies so I am being extra careful not to run anything fullscreen until I track down a solution.

Checking on various sites such as MacFixit shows that plenty more are experiencing similar problems.

Thanks for your input, hopefully it won't be too long before I can run Marine Aquarium again with any confidence!

Steve
Steve Pendleton is offline   Reply With Quote