Thread: Found a BUG!
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 06:08 PM   #36
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Re: Where's the emotional baggage?

Originally posted by johnblommers
WT? It seems that Jim suddenly got into the computer business a few short years ago? He has no old computers on his brag list. He has no emotional baggage in his attic. Just kicking mean hardware
Well, I had an Atari 400 (membrane keyboard) with 16k RAM and a cassette tape drive my senior year of high school, then I got a REAL computer, the Atari 800 with a 5 1/4" floppy disk drive. Wow, didn't have to wait 30 minutes for my programs to load from the error prone cassette tape, and I could tell when I pressed a key down!

I bought two of the original 128k RAM 400k floppy drive Macs in the summer of 1984 with two Imagewriters for over $5000. I worked on one and leased the other to my father's business. Then came the guy who upgraded the 128k to 512k in his apartment, and then an Apple 512ke upgrade, and then to the SE, added a 68030 accelerator card and hard drive to it (that was a sweet machine). Then a Mac IIx, Mac IIci, Powerbook 540, PowerPC 7500/80(?), Powerbook 5300, PowerPC 8100/120(?), Powerbook G3 (400MHz), iMac (333MHz), PowerMac G4 500(?), and now my current inventory. I don't dare think about adding together what I've paid for all of that through the years.

I don't keep my emotional baggage in computer inventory.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote