View Single Post
Old 01-31-2001, 03:57 AM   #8
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

Re: Should it maintain backwards compatibility?

I keep trying to come up with some answer that will satisfy the people with high fps and low fps, and can’t think of anything that will totally satisfy everyone, without causing Jim some major programming nightmares.

But I’m just wondering, if progress continues the way it is, will people with low fps really loose THAT much fps on version 1.0? I have this program on two of my machines. One goes at 60fps whether I have 7 fish, or no fish on screen. My other computer runs at 20fps with no fish, and 15fps with all 7 fish. There is a little difference between 20 and 15, but nothing huge.

I don’t know about other people, but when I buy a program, I never expect that I can run every single option the program has and still get the same quality, as if I ran the limited. And as for this program, being a Beta version, I’ve always expected more hardware demand, before the release of v1.0.

I don’t know, that’s my $.02, I’m just trying to help work away around this problem, so everyone can be happy.

So what do I think should be done? I think that nothing should be done, except continuing to build this product as before this question came up. But I also think that the version with the last 2D background (possibly this one? ), should be made available, for the small amount of people who wish it.

Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote