View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 01:52 AM   #23
Falz
Registered

This is a business. I've accepted that we'll probably never get the 3D background, despite all the years we've been waiting for it. I bought the Aquarium 4 years ago.

Point is, this was a selling point of the aquarium that you'd get a "free upgrade" to the 3D background version some time in the future.

But once the businesses have your money, they could really care less about devoting time to please people who've already paid. Obviously they're going to put the time instead into making new products because that's how they'll get more of your money.

It may be a cynical way to look at it, but like I said, it's a business. You'll find this is normal for pretty much all companies (some are worse than others though, ie. Creative Labs).

There's no money to be made by improving/fixing/enhacing old products, no matter how much they promised "future proofing" when it was current, so the customer ends up losing out every time.

Just be happy you paid $19.95 for it and did get a few updates, unlike some software I paid $199.95 for which only ever got ONE *beta* patch which didn't even fix most of the issues I had with it...
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote