View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #26
Falz
Registered

Originally posted by Manymosi
Buddy, You've come to the wrong place to criticise the motives of the programmer!
Jim Sachs refuses to put out anything that does not meet his incredibly high standards. Even though there is no 3d background yet, there is still NOTHING that compares to his screensavers
That is the motive of all programmers, I am not criticising Jim.

And Jim doesn't have screensavers plural, he only has one unless you want to count adding in a clock or a crystal. It couldn't be touched 4 years ago, but graphics have come a long way since then. It doesn't stand up to most tech demos in the last two years, but I guess those are not technically screensavers. I personally think the Goldfish aquarium is much more impressive. Now when I look at the original aquarium, it looks to me like paper fishes swimming in 2D left and right with it's stale, lifeless background and bitmap bubble column.

Nevertheless, I got my money's worth. It's just that you can only look at the same thing for so many years before it doesn't do anything for you anymore (commiserations to the married among you, I didn't exactly mean it that way ).

Personally I think the problem is that Jim is primarily an artist, so he's probably spent long frustrating hours trying to get certain things working that an experienced 3D programmer could handle without much fuss.

That is the sacrifice you make when you want complete creative control over a project, you have to learn how to do everything yourself first.
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote