View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 09:31 PM   #30
Falz
Registered

Well I think the Goldfish aquarium is the best, but there's probably better since. I haven't looked for a while, actually I've been wanting to get a real tank.

In terms of graphics, well any of the tech demos by Ati/Nvidia. Like Dawn or something. Those are impressive. To be honest the 3D demos in 3DMark rarely impressed me, they're using all the fancy pixel shader effects and everything but their artists aren't that talented.

The fish in original aquarium are still very nice artistically, when I called them "paper" I was referring to the way they swim. The static background seems pretty lifeless to me now, and if you can't tell that the bubble column is just a pair of bitmaps with nothing dynamic or random about them, then I think you're kidding yourself.

I'm not criticising Jim I'm just saying that just like with anything else (ie. films) what was "wow" 4 years ago becomes "ho hum" eventually. The 3D background and more realistic fish movement would have revitalised the aquarium, but when he's got other stuff to work on and most people who are ever going to buy the aquarium have bought it, it's probably time to move on.
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote